4.24.2011

Traditions.

Came from a Catholic family and Holy Week just gets crazier year after year.
Alot took place---from our family recollection, to the Last Supper (usually held at the Mayor's house--my uncle's), to visiting churches around the province, family visits, to the Good Friday procession...
 So much going around and first cute meets!
I have new friends and I still find it funny how we've known each other since and became friends just now.

Anyway.
Yesterday was Black Saturday. We decided to go on a lie-low and get cozy at home.
My brother, Ralph, was busy as hell packing suitcases and getting ready for a month's stay in Manila and I, too, was as busy coming up with my to-buy list and pulling off pieces for our last outfit post.
He takes most of my photos and not having him here means less frequent outfit docus.

Ralph has been very supportive and these fun photoshoots sure have developed a special brother-sister bond between us. Mom even said that there are no doubts on Ralph having trouble with maarte and demanding girls because he's had a bunch of practice with me.

We will miss you, Kuya. :(

I decided to be redundant and look black on a Black Saturday. Excuse the eyes, I'm not a makeup enthusiast! HAHA. I needed them to be dark to look a bit bigger. The bandana, the shirt, and the purse are all vintage hand-me-downs from my Lola.








I remember mentioning that my outfits are mostly donated by my grandmoms: Mom's mom (Lola Mely) and Mom's aunt (Tita Pat). Tita Pat's based in the U.S. and unlike Lola Mely (who has a bigger built), she has a body structure (and shoe size!) quite similar to mine. She's one of the most fashionable and glamorous ladies I know. And she doesn't look old, at all. I received loads of goodies (clothes, shoes, bags, magazines) from her last Friday and I swear, they're all gorge. I'm sooo blessed to have very kind grandmoms like them. 

St. Jude Thaddeus has been our family's patron saint for more than 20 years and we represent him every Good Friday procession. ©NicoYap  

Visited eight churches last Thursday after the Last Supper. We've been doing this for the past years, more popularly known as Visita Iglesia.


Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church

Parish of St. Nicholas Tolentino




Santa Monica Church houses the biggest bell in Asia. And the third biggest in the world, if I'm not mistaken.


Wide-legged trousers! And of course, my signature look--color blocked. :)
I look like I just woke up, sorry.


 ©NicoYap

 ©NicoYap

©NicoYap

Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...