4.20.2011

Parade of Lights.

Life is a One-Way Street.
You thump on bumpy roads. You get a flat tire. Your tank runs out of fuel. You get tired driving.
Whether you decide on turning off your engine and take a short rest or push yourself until the vehicle overheats, your journey doesn't stop there. Eventually, the need to move forward steers you.
There are no U-turns. No shortcuts.
You can hitchhike with friends. It will be more fun travelling with companions, anyway.
Or you park your car on one corner, decide to stay there forever, and disrupt the rush-hour traffic; while you watch everyone behind you slowly overtaking, arriving at places that you would have wanted to reach first.

I'm 21 and I still don't drive.
But this one-way street thing hit me while we were stuck in traffic for more than two hours last Saturday to  witness the first-ever grand celebration of Capiz's Foundation Anniversary--Capiztahan 2011.
We were on open-window and I thank my lungs for surviving from all the smoke it took in.
I was hungry at half-way of our ten-minute-turned-two-hour trip.
The People's Park became so near, yet so far to me.
 Deep inside, I didn't care about how the fireworks or the parade would go anymore. What I wanted was to go home, take my bath, and sleep. But as I looked back and saw the vehicles behind us and how far we've gone, I thought, 'Maybe this is a test of patience'.
Despite the slow progression (at least, we were progressing, and we were riding--others were just walking), we reached the Park on perfect time for the fireworks.














SQUID!! Yes, I said Papered 'Shrimp' on my Peppy Thai post when it's supposed to be PAPERED SQUID. I find it funny how I said, "Papered Shrimp! I could eat plates of these!" because I'd surely suffer anaphylactic shock eating a plateful of shrimp. I'm allergic to shrimp. And I don't get rashes whenever I eat some anymore, I just feel my throat constricting--breathing becomes hard. :(

Shrimp!



Look who we found, Miss Universe 4th Runner-Up, Venus Raj. I love her skin, very Filipina!















I only took part during the second day of the three-day Capiztahan celebration. There are certainly more to improve and I'm looking forward to a better, bigger, grander, and a more colorful Capiztahan next year. 
All-in-all, I believe that it was a success. :) My congratulations extend to the city, municipal, and provincial officials, as well as to all the Capizeños who supported the event.

As for what I wore:

Forgive me for the lack of good background. Was really busy last Saturday helping my parents out so we could close our shop early. There isn't a nice view outside either (tricycle-filled streets) so I decided to just ditch the background and focus on my outfit post.






Blouse: Poetry Clothing, Skirt: Pink Manila, Accessories: SM Dept Store, Bag: Coach, Sandals: Bazaar

With some of our workers. :)
Last Saturday was our secretary's last day (she'll be working in Iloilo), hence the souvenir photo. I hope this isn't the last! We will miss you, Nene. Keep safe!


 Much love,
Mela


ncis seasons 1-8 dvd boxset ncis seasons 1-8 cheap ncis seasons 1-9 dvd box set ncis seasons 1-10 box set

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crush!!! im so happy for you! first of all congrats!:) hmm... how are you?naks.. model na model. haha! u got the right. bleh! :) nice post,pics and cute2 blog mo.hehehe. im so proud of you.. eventhough you told me that its just for fun but the important is you are happy of what your doing and inside of this blog. hmm well i got to go now. got work pa.hehe.. takecare.. see you soonest! mwah!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...