4.17.2011

Friday is No Meat Day.

Went to Iloilo last Friday to present my proposed dormitories to my parents. Gladly, the first on my list happened to be their top choice too, so we had that room reserved promptly. 
I'm feeling scores of good vibes with the place. If medschool results are favorable on the 27th, this is the first time for my parents to permit me to stay in a co-ed dormitory (was always put in all-girl dorms before). Said dorm is just on its second year operation, hence the facilities are all in mint condition. Aside from fully-furnished rooms with baths, they also have a canteen downstairs and a separate study area. Heee. I can't wait to hang there and STUDY!

It was St. Vincent Ferrer's feast last week so we decided to stopover Leganes (a town before Iloilo) for some silent prayer time. 




My parents! I borrowed these yellow BOBs from Mom last week. :P

 My favorite boys!



Cardigan: vintage, Top: Forever 21, Shorts: bazaar, Bag&Necklace: Gifted, Shoes: Celine 

It's my first time to wear this brown top! I'm  loving the empire cut and the dainty one-sided sleeve. Really wish I could wear this without a cardigan but I still have recuperating backne. :(( No backless tops for me in the meantime.


 Mom and I are still on a steady No-Meat-on-Fridays streak so we decided to munch on Thai food for lunch. Apart from its proximity to SM, Peppy Thai Deli also is owned by my teacher in college. Thai food actually plays second to Chinese food on my favorite food list. :)

We were too hungry to take pictures so I borrowed some from the Flavours of Iloilo blog. 

The Plazuela de Iloilo (beside SM City) branch; there's another in front of the Jaro Big Market.

Very affordable! Prices range from P60-150 per serving. 

Papered SQUID. I could eat plates of these! 

Everything's served via the very Filipino, turo-turo basis.

Today is Palm Sunday. 
The Gospel reading is about Christ's passion--usually read by the priest and two other readers with corresponding roles. And hella, I was one of the readers! Seriously, I had no idea that'd happen. Was just called to proxy and the priest told me to play Pontius Pilate/the crowd/chief priests seconds before the Mass started. 

I tried my hardest to sound harsh and manly but deep inside I was dying to just hide under my skirt and shut my eyes and deny the fact that the whole chapel is staring at me. Errr. I focused more on being humiliated than doing such for Godly service. Wasn't that selfish? :( To my surprise, I was commended after the Mass. Hmmmm. Next time, next time, I promise to see things on a different perspective.

Anyway, it's also Lola-Visiting Day today. 
We're off to Ivisan. So long, Guys!


Much love,
Mela

6 comments:

  1. can't wait to see your next blog... you have loads of outfit to show. haha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great casual look :) all this food makes me hungry everything looks yummy ;))

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...