4.14.2011

Wear Red. Wear Hope.




Nihon. Japan. The "Land of the Rising Sun".
The red circle on the Japanese flag represents what many Japanese children perceive to be the sun. For Chictopians and many others in the wake of the recent crisis, it represents hope.


****
Received an e-mail from Cheri Chictopia regarding the Wear Red Wear Hope Campaign last Saturday and it fitted just well with our weekend retreat requirement to wear something red. I had this crazy idea of breaking the popular myth-y fashion boo-boo that combining similar colors would look redundant and color-y. 

A monochromatic look was what I wanted to achieve but again, it was a FAIL--I added a touch of popping bright green. This just goes to show that I couldn't live with two colors alone. I cannot not be colorful. HIHI

Top: Saranggola, Polo Shirt: American Polo Club, Pants: Folded and Hung, Bag: Old Navy. Boots: Random from Hong Kong

It's been years since I last wore my red skinnies and I'm super glad to know that I still fit in them. I woke up late last Saturday hence, I lacked sufficient time to nail a good photo. So sorry guys for being such a mediocre blogger lately. :(( I'll make it up, promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...