4.21.2011

Love By The Lake.

It's April, not February. But love was definitely in the air last Monday.
Although romance is just around the corner (or is it not?), I don't mean that kind of love. 
What I want to emphasize on is the one that people refer to as the extension of God-- my first neighbors--  my FAMILY. 

The Yaps had a Lenten Family Recollection at the Lakehouse (San Antonio Resort) with Fr. Marlon Bordo as spiritual director. Six families from my mother's side, including ours, participated and the experience was one great eye opener for each of us. 
After Fr. Marlon delivered his talk, we were given the opportunity to sit together by family and share our realizations and Easter resolutions. But my cousin, Nico, had this shrewd suggestion that we all sit as one big family and listen to each other's stories.
Everything just came smoothly. Even my cousins and uncles whom I have never heard sharing their personal lives talked. There was laughter, tears, joking. It wasn't the typical serious, boring recollection after all. We loved every bit of the encounter--even the food! And our folks made the agreement that we do this every year. 

You guys should bring your families together and try this kind of experience too!

Got inspired by Vern Enciso's How to Incorporate Sporty Clothes into Your Outfit so I tried it!
 I'm wearing jogging pants here and the color is just love. The bag I'm using is a birthday gift from my twin sister, Boom-Boom (I'll blog about her once we'd find time to catch up and take pictures). And my cardigan--it's one of the oldest I have, really! It's ten years old and I guess this is the first time in ten years that you'll see me wearing this.



The venue. Thank you, San Antonio Resort for accommodating us well!

My brother plus some of my male cousins!

 Nico's girlfriend gave him these! Sweet.

My grandmother at the center. For us, she's the greatest philanthropist.
Came home last Sunday with a paper bag full of vintage goodies courtesy of Lola (Grandma). Can't wait to wear them for my outfit posts!

 Siopao!


 They have the same name, and both are just 18! Nice meeting you, Raphael (my aunt's nephew)! He's spending the Holy Week with us. I really hope he enjoys his first Capiz visit. :)


This next photo is just craaaazzy...
So don't freak out!!!!


 Taken after a heavy dinner. HAHA. Who has the biggest tummy?

Bella Luna. Beautiful Moon.

The seafood floats from my previous post are still on display at the People's Park until this weekend.
Feast your eyes while you can!


Much love,
Mela

ncis season 10 dvd for sale ncis season 10 dvd australia ncis season 10 dvd uk ncis season 1-7 box set

1 comment:

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...