4.04.2011

Time to Talk.


My parents took us out last Saturday for a 'family bonding'. I wasn't certain where we were going and why after all these years of dining out, watching movies and visiting places, they used 'family bonding' to label this thought-provoking (for me, atleast) activity. We left home at around three in the afternoon and Mom inserted a CD on the car stereo. It was nerve-wracking to hear a few parts of the first song because it sounded religious. I know, I know, it's lent and we listen to these kind of songs whenever we travel. But I grew nervous because this song-playing might be in preparation for some world-shattering announcement or something. It scared me, seriously.



We passed by our laundry shop and picked up a green folder with Parent-Child Interaction on the cover. Whew. There came relief. We went to a somewhat deserted, forgotten resort here in Roxas - Capiz Bay Resort (ten years ago this place was paradise to kids like me). They have a nice beach, a mini-cliff for hiking, boating and fishing areas, rooms, at least two function halls, an eagle and the famous monkey who throws seeds and rocks whenever it feels like.

The green folder contained guide questions and we answered them quickly because the resort closes at 5:30 and my youngest brother was dying to try boating and fishing-- the kid hasn't experienced these things since time immemorial. After a little bit of sharing and eating (Yes, they still serve food! The crispy squid is a must-try!), we parted ways. Mom went with my brothers to boat and fish, while Papa and I had a mini-photoshoot for my outfit post. Yeee, they're very supportive!



Pretty and proud to be 50!

I forgot the bag that goes with this outfit at home. Big thanks to the green folder! 


 My current FB profile pic, THANKS to those who liked. So sweet!


 The bridge! I remember Mutya sang Sinadya sa Halaran had they're swimsiut pictorial here. Sadly, it's all dried up now. :(


 turban: Carissa, blouse: Sweet Pea, vest: vintage from Mom, belt: raided from Mom's closet, skirt: random, wedges: Robinson's Dept. Store, bangles&ring: Gorgeous



 Four of us, plus Papa who took all these photos. :)



My brother is now a fisherman! He caught four Bangus. We'd have them for dinner tonight. :))


All in all, I enjoyed my parents' so-called 'family bonding'. I'm looking forward to more of these! God bless, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...