5.09.2011

Weight of the World.

Before anything else, I want to greet Mom, and all the moms and 
moms-to-be a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! <3
I hope this isn't too late. Everyday should be Mother's Day anyway. 

****

Since my brother, who usually takes my photos, left for Manila last month, my cousin Nico volunteered to help me with my outfit posts. I've seen his work before and they certainly have that characteristic dramatic(and/or)chill flair. Nonetheless, I had hesitations because this is a girl-y affair--- a bit distant from his generic subjects for shoots.

At first I thought that we'd have a single-background kind of shoot just like my typical outfit posts. But after a few clicks, we ended up looking for other settings and it was so much fun just sitting and smiling and not worrying about how the photos would turn out despite the gloomy weather because Nico knows perfectly well how to man his camera--- unlike me and my bro who would often settle for the AUTO mode to play safe.

I had two sets of outfits. This one and another which I will post tomorrow. 
Please don't expect the following to be really BIG. 
There is no question on Nico's skills as a photographer, I just don't fit as a model most of the time. I'm only an aspiring stylist. And I look awful without the smile. HAHA. I did my own makeup and we all know that I'm not the aficionado. 
Also, pardon me for enlarging some photos. They went beyond borders and it would really hurt to crop them.


dress: Camisa


 Nico and I agreed that the photos should look natural and real. I'm not a fan of magical photo processing since I have outfit posts and they must, at all times, look the same in real life as they are in photos. 


This photo reminds me of one of my favorite Chantal Kreviazuk songs, 
Weight of the World. 
I used to carry the weight of the world. But now all I wanna do is spread my wings and fly. 


 First time to climb a tree! I had multiple gashes because of this. :)

Finally, a fairly random photo:

© D.R.S.
Say hello to my new scorpion friend, Mlackie! He (but I really think it's gay) was named after me --- Mela + Blackie = Mlackie!
HAHA. I'll buy you a pink tiara and meet you soon in person!


3 comments:

  1. Love your dress, beautiful colors.

    Love, www.shoeocracy.blogspot.com

    Za

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awsome article. Very basic but extermely effective movements to build a great body.
    phentermine 375

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...