5.08.2011

Budding Stateman of the Art: NICO YAP


He was. He is. He will be. 
He was the mayor's great grandchild. And shortly after, the grandson of two succeeding sibling mayors. Eventually, he became the mayor's son. 
Currently, he is the mayor's nephew. 
Will this long list of mayoralty ever end---with the youngest in the pack delving into the same chaotic (and sometimes, unclean) world of politics as his ancestors did?

Being the heir of a golden age-old political bloodline that developed into a family tradition more than an illustrious hierarchy, he is bestowed the responsibility of carrying on his family's legacy of credibility, philanthropy and communal service.

How far can he go? And what is his newly-discovered love aside from the public that equally loves him and his family back?

******************************************************************************************************************************************
Name: NICO A. YAP

A.K.A: BATAS

Age: 21 

Hometown: IVISAN, CAPIZ

Occupation: PUBLIC SERVANT

Camera: NIKON D90

Lens: NIKKOR 18-105

Photography Enthusiast Since: 2004

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Camera Love.

Growing up as a small town boy, his first mentors were their neighbors who run a local video/photography studio (Rstudio). With their influence, he got to join and observe them on their gigs. 
He received his first DSLR camera just last year as a birthday present from his parents. That then was the start of how he continued on improving his so-called hobby, "How do I do it? I just keep on clicking."  







Inspirations.
He gets most of his inspiration from people, places and events just around the vicinity. With no formal training per se, "I'm game for almost anything as long as I have my camera with me. I don't get paid for this. I have loads of fun taking pictures, money can't buy that."







Looking up to...
"I'm big a fan of Mango Red Photography. They specialize in pre-nuptial shoots, but I love how bizarre their photos are." 
Nico believes that equipment just comes after talent. Anyone can take high-quality photos and do magic tricks with photo processing, but only a good photographer can capture raw and even blurred ones with life-stirring impacts--that to him is perfectly nailed by Mango Red.









Not much editing.
"I usually use Adobe CS5. But in most instances, I skip editing and focus more on cropping."






Practice Makes Perfect.
Nico admits that he still has a lot to learn. "Photography is my art, my love, my hobby. I won't stop unless my camera malfunctions," he kids. As of the moment, he utilizes this to do away with stress and certainly not as an income-generating tool.








How Do You Feel About Being the Mayor's Son?
"I honestly am not affected by that fact because we live a very simple life. I grew up playing along 
sidewalks and was treated like any other kid in town. 
Basically, there was no special treatment."













Public Service or Photography?
I bet his answer's pretty obvious. 
"Public service is my destiny. I was born for this. I love my fellow Ivisanons (people from Ivisan). It will always be a passion and pleasure to serve them. I don't want anything that my family has worked hard for to be put to waste. I want to share in their advocacy. Whatever they have started, I am determined and am very willing to pursue and continue on. 

Hanging around his uncle's office. 
This probably is where Nico will sit a few years from now so maybe a little practice won't hurt. :P


Contact Details:
Facebook
Email: nicoyap25@yahoo.com



***
There goes my first blog feature!
I hope I wasn't that bad.
Will be posting the photos from our fun-shoot tomorrow. :)




Much love,
Mela

 once upon a time season 1 dvd box set once upon a time season 1 dvd best buy once upon a time season 1 dvd special features once upon a time season 1 dvd release date

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...