5.22.2011

Bests and First Times.

Just had one of the best weekends!
I wish I could post photos to show how great it was but I'm not authorized to post them yet. 
Just yet. :)
I did my first styling stint today for a pre-nuptial shoot.
The best afternoon ever--it was so good I want to spend all the afternoons in my lifetime doing such. 
Six hours under the sun. Five gifted crew members. Four outfit changes. Three locations. 
Two human beings so in love.  
And abundance of food.
I couldn't ask for more. <3

We took off at around 2pm and the sun's heat was prickling. 
For the first time in years, I didn't care a bit about getting tan and sunburnt. 
I left my umbrella (very unusual for me) in the car and grabbed one of the wide-brimmed hats the bride-to-be brought for the shoot. 
I knew perfectly well that opportunities like this don't come often so I let my inhibitions go and did what I had to do--HAVE FUN! 

I also had my camera with me so I joined in and got some on-the-spot basic camera setting tutorials from the photographers. 
I was like, "Oh how did this get so dark?", "Not again, so blurry!", "All I see is white!" 
And one of them would approach me and say, lower the aperture, your ISO's high, the shutter speed--adjust it, hey, you can use the flash.
Thank you guys for being so nice. HAHA.

They also took photos of me which I think will be posted with the pre-nuptial ones.
These ones I borrowed from ze Nico Yap.



***
Yesterday, I received the surprise of a lifetime from StyleBible.ph --Preview Magazine's official website. :)
I was Look of the Day! 
I didn't know if not for my new blogger friend Charmagne Ramos <--links to her blog. Click it!
This one's my first webbie feature aside from my blog and some other fashion-oriented sites.
I feel so blessed to be finally recognized (since all the photos were subjected for review).
Thank you Style Bible!  


***
The pre-nuptial shoot somehow made me want to have my own leading man.
Even just for a photoshoot...gaaaahd I'm obsessed with couple shots!
But I guess I'll have to wait because I don't see that happening soon. :(

Anyway, let me end this post with my favorite Annie Lennox song.
Sorry Bob Marley fans. I think this version's better. :P
First heard this from mi favorite romantic comedy Serendipity. <3


Wait. I don't want to but I have to. Pfffft.

***
Another feature's coming! 
Will post it on or before Wednesday.
And btw. Started using Twitter last week! Mind to follow? 

 I hope you too had a blast this weekend!
Two more weekends before med school... 
Yaaay!

Much love,
Mela

3 comments:

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...