4.30.2013

Purpose and Path


It took me nearly two years to realize the difference between the two.
Purpose is the final destination.
Path is the road going there.
I've always been the goal-oriented type but sometimes I get engrossed with a certain path that despite the obvious humps and hazards, I still continue to fight my way forward just to stay on that path. Even if the path isn't anymore leading me to my original purpose. Even if there are safer and more pleasant paths in sight. 

I have journeyed on the wrong path for so long and have encountered more than enough troubles because of it. Now, all I really want is to quit and take another path--other paths that could lead me closer to my purpose. I know I sound trivial but don't worry, this isn't about medschool and being a doctor. Heeee.
 At this point, all I really want is to be at peace and to learn how to properly apply liquid liner on my upper lids. Promise, I didn't mean this to be overdone. :|
| vest: thrift find | shorts: Urban Outfitters | vintage backpack: Gucci | shoes: Asian Vogue | photos by Jeph Delfin |

Aaaah, this will always be my comfort hymn.
 I'll be watching Serendipity tonight until I fall asleep. 
Sweet dreams, everyone! :) 


Much love,
Mela

Follow me:

22 comments:

  1. Love <3 your shoes are so cool !

    ReplyDelete
  2. really sweet pics,pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your shoes, and you are so sweet:)

    Lara, www.just-anotherfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write so amazingly! Took the words right outta my mouth.


    Xo
    ejc
    Stiletto Beats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tn starting you scared me, love your writhing and your shoes. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours hope the same from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so madly in love with this post, with the film and with your outfit! aaah...what a film <3

    loove hun!

    Pepa.
    http://www.rock-and-bows.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style gorgeous! Your shoes and satchel are true candies! I'm following you via Gfc now :-) stop by and follow back if you like!
    xoxo
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO pretty, the shoes are great!!I like your style, what about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! Thank you for your comment. Following you now (#607). Thanks for following me.

    Louisa
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your shoes, they're amazing!

    Really like your blog, would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the inspiration, love! You look absolutely gorgeous!! Love the look!! :)

    XOXO,

    Ker-Leen
    Music. Fashion. Love.
    http://kerleen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post, love your shoes :)

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute outfit! love the shoes x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sweater is so nice! And love your boots- I have some similar ones. They can dress up any look!


    Great post! And your blog rocks! Check mine out. Maybe we can follow each other :D
    Alicia
    Lattes & Lacee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair and your shoes! Also, you have a really nice smile ^^

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear! I follow you back! :)
    Great set! I like the shoes very much!

    xoxo
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following, just followed back!

    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have wonderful blog!
    What do you think about to follow each other? If you interested, please let me know!

    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. At least you know what you want and what your purpose is. Never give up :) Lovely cheetah boots girl! I wish you all the best xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like that sometimes as well.. but you never have to give up ! You never know how close you are to your purpose.
    Love your booties though ^^
    Nice style, girl!
    I am now following you :)
    I invite you to my blog. If you like it, please do follow as well :D
    << From Brussels, with Love>>

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to tell you "Serendipity" is one of my favorite movie. I have watched at least 20 times as well as the movie "Notebook". I just watched "Iron Man 3" tonight, love it!!!
    Would you like to follow each other on Facebook?
    Good night and have a sweet dream.

    http://www.kclueless.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...