4.19.2013

Written In The Stars


If you consider a Php1000 head-to-toe look as "thrifting", then I certainly am stingy.
Mom got this dress for Php700+ from a local boutique and never worn it even once. Hence, as the self-proclaimed *coughs* heiress *coughs*  of everything she has, I took this lovely out for some sunlight and fresh air. 

Peplum bodycons are commonly night dresses but since I couldn't think of any party that I'd probably go to in the next few days or weeks, I came up with a summery twist.  


Not a single centavo was spent for any of the items I'm wearing (because they're mom's) save of course for the shoes. I bought them two years ago when Solemate by SM Dept Store first came out. Buy One, Take One for Php399! I barely used them so they got buried under shoeboxes until I forgot I owned something like them. Only then when I looked for unused clothes and shoes to sell did I find them again. 
Everything in this post was written in the stars, ha! Need my sunnies say more? :)

| Photos by Sandy Delfin--who owns everything I'm wearing here except the shoes. XD |

Hype this on Lookbook.nu here!

Have you ever tried thrifting?
I'd love to hear your stories.


Much love,
Mela

P.S. Something about the sunnies that made my nose more pointed. Awkward. But I like it. :|

Follow me:

17 comments:

  1. It's unusual that a girl paired a peplum with cute flats, and I love how you did this! it's unique :)
    following you back by the way, keep in touch pretty ;)

    Wulan Wu on http://bootsydoopsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun look!

    http://awedbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit!!
    I'm your follower!!
    follow me: http://venusenfourrure.blogspot.it
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Venusenfourrure?ref=hl
    twitter: https://twitter.com/marzia_dirosa
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some nice outfits on your blog and I love the ballerinas. Check out my blog maybe you'll like it.

    Kisses,
    Raluca
    www.thecottoncandymix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress!Your blog is so full of life & color!I love it :)
    Thank you for checking out my blog!I followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are gorgeous :) Love that dress! I am a follower now:)

    www.just-anotherfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit! I love how you pair you green shoes with your purple dress. Happy Blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous dress, i love the colour and the lace and peplum!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like how you transformed this into a say/summer look and the flats are super cute.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog! Sure I'd love us to follow each other. Now following you, please do same.
    xoxo
    http://canneverbeaskinnybish.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Would you like to follow each other, I'm following you on GFC, I hope you follow me back! You can like my FB page as well :)

    http://embui-fashion.blogspot.com


    ps. very nice dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey gorgeous <3
    xoxo
    The Land of Miabelle
    Love your dress

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comment!! Your blog is amazing, so i'm following you now! XOxO from http://a-little-look-to-my-looks.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your dress,so pretty!!! cute sunglasses <333

    xx,
    www.mai-vhee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely dress, it's so pretty on you!

    lovas.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comment.
    I adore this dress, you are the cutest.
    I love the glam dress brought down to earth with the flat shoes and funky sunglasses.
    & why YES, I'd love for us to follow each other!
    Keep in touch.

    Best,
    icantaffordmylifestyle
    Follow me on BlogLovin' too if you like! ;D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...