4.13.2013

Blogoversary Series: Signature Poses

April is What,When and Wearabouts' birth month!
This blog turned two last April 1st and to celebrate my second anniversary as a blogger, I'll be showcasing a three-part series in collaboration with Studio23 Photography-Events and Stiles by Fabshop.

Studio23 Photography-Events is the love child of the sweet, kikay events and portrait photographer extraordinaire, April Garcia. Ever since its debut on February of this year, Studio23 Photography-Events has proven its sparkle with creative and affordable packages for weddings, product launches, conferences, private parties like debuts and university balls, home and outdoor photography throughout Metro Iloilo. Studio23 Photography-Events is located at Unit 202D, 2nd Floor Perpetual Succor Business Centre Building, 38 San Agustin Street, Iloilo City. They cater to out-of-town clients, too!
I was also very thrilled when Stiles by Fabshop agreed on a double collab. I've had boutique and brand sponsorships before but this was the first time for me to actually handpick, pull out and style items that I liked for a shoot. Hearing from the countries' top bloggers, I always thought that pulling out is fun and as easy as dumping clothes in a shopping cart; but the sea of pretty clothes in Stiles made my mini-errand a little bit more challenging. If the mind-boggling stress of pathology and microbio practical exams was like this, I would never ever complain of daily exam schedules. :D

Here's one of my top three picks from their latest collection. 
What do you think?    




| top and skirt: Stiles by Fabshop | shoes: Janeo by SM Dept Store | bangles: Maruyog Charms

Stiles by Fabshop is located at Shopper's Avenue Valeria Street, Iloilo City (beside Coffee Break, in front of ACE Hardware). Visit their Facebook page for stylish and pocket-friendly pieces!

You can also follow them on INSTAGRAM:
There are thousands of fashion bloggers around the world. 
But in my little niche called Roxas Hall, I think I am the only one. Being an ordinary med student and a blogger at the same time is awkward, embarrassing, and very very humbling. More often than not, I walk the corridors in lousy, full-support stockings (ughhh to weakling veins) with no makeup or colorful accessories as I usually do in my blog photos. One can easily make a "Reality vs Expectations" meme out of my med student vs blogger facades. Seriously. =.=

Despite all that, I'm very thankful for my friends and classmates' support even if that means endless taunts, wacky and exaggerated versions of my poses, and saying "Wear is *__insert name here__*" to whoever doctor or classmate or faculty wearing stylish clothes. Those brief moments of laughter always make my day. 

Now here's a tribute to the best friends and batchmates in the world.
Check out their "Wear is Mela" poses. HAHAHA
| photos from Glenn Oyson and Mark Alfabeto |


I love you groupmates (with good fashion sense)! :P


Much love,
Mela

Follow me:

11 comments:

  1. You are very cute lovely <3 !! i love your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tnx for following.. followed u back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Denysia! I love the pattern on that skirt too :)

      Delete
  4. This post is great! I was shooting today and trying to come up with new ways to pose! You've given me some ideas, so thanks! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that it helped you Signe! Will head to your blog now :)

      Delete
  5. I've never seen you in West nang.Been such a huge follower ever since a friend recommended your blog.Love your fashion and everything!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...