5.02.2013

Philippine Fashion Week Day 5 S/S 2013: Burdang Taal, Habing Pilipino


Sem break 2012 was well-spent. 
Aside from quality time and random adventures with my family, our sched permitted me and my mom to watch the Burdang Taal, Habing Pilipino Show during the Philippine Fashion Week
Now do not feel a tad of insecurity if this show doesn't ring any bells on your haute couture-programmed eardrums. Burdang Taal, Habing Pilipino for Spring/Summer 2013 was actually the first one in the Philippine Fashion Week history.

Along with the local government of Batangas, Runway Productions' main goal was to awaken the embroidery industry of Taal that was long established during the Spanish era. To promote fashion tourism and to provide more job opportunities for its residents, Burdang Taal was once again given distinction by talented Filipino designers whose creations I will be showcasing in this post.  

Because we got second-row seats parallel to the middle of the runway, most of my photos were taken on sideview. :( I sure hope though that they've given justice to the designers' amaaaazing creations. 

Johnny Abad
Johnny Abad

Bergamo
Bergamo
Bergamo

 Barba

 Dong Omaga-Diaz
 Dong Omaga-Diaz

 Edgar Madamba
 Edgar Madamba

 Edgar San Diego
 Edgar San Diego
 Edgar San Diego

Fanny Serano
Fanny Serano

JC Buendia

Jontie Martinez
Jontie Martinez

Lito Perez
 Lito Perez

Ole Marabe 
 Ole Marabe

 Oskar Peralta
Oskar Peralta

Randy Ortiz

Richard Papa 
 Richard Papa
 Richard Papa

Roland Lirio 
 Roland Lirio
Roland Lirio

And of course, here are some of my favorite photos during the final rundown. 
I enjoyed how the colors popped from model-to-model! It was also a good opportunity to take photos of the collections that I missed during the individual designer presentations.
I just had to take a photo of Fanny Serano. Hihi.
The second head (poking from left) is Renee Salud's. They're seated just right in front of us!

Can you guess whose collections were my favorites? (CLUE: tangerine and cutouts)
My fingers are still crossed for PFW Holiday 2013 this May.
I really WISH I could watch again!
See you there guys if I can. :)


Much love, 
Mela

P.S. If you haven't read the post on my outfit during this show yet, you can click the link below:


Follow me:
TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | CHICTOPIA |

2 comments:

  1. Awesome dresses! Especially love Lito Perez' first dress <3

    Maybe we could follow each other? :D
    -> I already follow you! (name: "fille")
    Would be really glad, if you follow back ♥

    My fashion blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this FW! I follow you now babe xjes

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...