5.20.2013

Art On My Skirt


    
If you happen to be one of my INSTAGRAM followers, you would've had a clue that I visited some place really quaint last Thursday. Nope, I couldn't tell you guys about it just yet. You'll have to stay tuned, or better yet, visit @wearismela on Instagram for teaser photos. :P

I rarely take outfit posts indoors because of inadequate lighting or the lack of good background. But when I found this chartreuse wall during that "tour", I knew instantly that I found what I've been missing. No exaggeration, but I NEED THIS KIND OF WALL IN MY LIFE (in a few more colors too, if the world permits)! 
I really won't mind having this background once in a while. It doesn't only bring out the colors of my outfit, it can be very practical for rainy days as well--when taking outdoor photos is very tricky.


Cutout tops are perfect for hot, humid days like these. Air-conditioning as some bloggers say.
I opted to soften the black, rockstar vibe by pairing my Mizar Clothing top with this colorful skater skirt from Stiles. The bright wall behind me made me feel like I'm some kind of wall art.
What do you think of this outfit?


Don't forget to hype this on Lookbook.nu and Chictopia!
| top and necklace: Mizar Clothing | skirt: Stiles by Fabshop | Bangles: Maruyog Charms | boots: Asian Vogue
photos by John Delfin

Ciao!
'Til next time. :)


Much love,
Mela

P.S. This is also an entry to IFB Project #107: Printed Matters

Follow me:
TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | CHICTOPIA |

32 comments:

  1. very beautiful outfit!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it very much! ;)
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love colors in your outfit. Looking pretty :)

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable !

    you are invited to join my firmoo giveaway

    http://stylista0fashionista.blogspot.com/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    xo
    Nada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look!! Very cool skirt!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow!
    what a gorgeous outfit <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This skirt is so stunning, I love the pattern and cut so much! Really like your hair in these photos, too!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. great skirt! ^^

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit! It's absolutely great :) I'm your new follower :) xoxo :*

    a-date-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love the shoes!
    I'm a new follower on gfc and chictopia. Hope you will follow me too :)
    Kisses
    Timeless Mode

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this WHOLE look!! Very pretty!

    Great Post!!

    XOXO,
    Ker-Leen
    Music. Fashion. Love.
    http:kerleen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. I just love it when a piece of clothing is pretty enough to constitute an artwork. The shoes look amazing with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your boots, darling! Just perfect look!

    www.shoppingmarbella.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute skirt, pretty colours.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhhh thank you so much honey about your lovely comment <3
    I love this skirt, you're so pretty!
    I'm following you :)

    LOVE,
    JS photography

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey hun, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I adore your shoes! Hope to see you again soon xx

    www.hausofsarahrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely look! You just remind me one Hollywood actor, she played in Lipstick Jungle series, so cute! :-)

    WorldByBella

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this outfit: the exposed, embellished shoulder, and the printed skirt with those fabulously colored boots! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Google will be getting rid of GFC soon, maybe perhaps you can hop on over to Bloglovin. Would love to follow you...let me know!

    <3,
    ~N
    Wardrobe on Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit! Especially the boots!! super cute!! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! :) I'm following your blog now! Hope you do the same!
    Cant wait for your next post!
    xx Janice

    UnwrittenDetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look super stunning!!!
    rock4less.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohh, that looks really beautiful!
    I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. That skirt is totally gorgeous.I love the colour <3

    styleofozoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice pics! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness... those shoes! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and follow with GFC and Blog Lovin' or Twitter!

    I also have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely skirt!! And the whole outfit is really cute)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this contrast between your skirt and wall's colours

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute outfit! I love the shoes and the print of the skirt. :)
    <3,
    Carmen
    www.therubyzipper.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...