5.04.2012

The Hidden Truth

One reason why I've given up outfit-posting lately is my pimple problem.
Despite my compliance and monthly consultations and treatments with my dermatologist, they just keep coming back.
This condition took a great toll on my self-esteem in my yesteryears but gladly, I sobered up a bit when I realized that the farthest you can get in treating a hereditary condition like this is control rather than cure.

I have always wanted to be an internist and probably specialize in endocrinology or cardiology but my world swirled the other way around when the great Dr. Reyes Jr. shared these words that seemed to have glued themselves on their own in my head:
"A good doctor is someone who has been a patient himself."

From then on, I have cradled this dream of being a dermatologist with bright hopes that as I begin to heal others, I can eventually heal myself as well. 
People often say that beauty is skin deep. 
Nevertheless, with the struggles that I have been through battling acne, I have established the fact that beauty is feeling good about yourself, inside and out. 

I pray that someday I can make the world a happier place by slowly diminishing the number of aloof teenagers who deprive themselves of the fun of beautiful outside world because of chronic skin conditions like acne. :) 

For my outfit post, here's what I wore to church many Sundays ago.
Slipped on red retro pumps instead of these wedges. 
I actually had a big zit beside my nose at that time. Hence, the glasses. :P
  










All accessories are from my collection. I sell similar designs and more. If interested, just comment below or message me in private! :)


Here's a song that somehow jives with what I've shared above. HEHE.
I have to say that The Naked and Famous is one of those bands that write songs with both form and substance. I'm not really a fan of pop music but I think these guys have what it takes to go BOOM.


A mini giveaway's coming up. Watch out for it!


Much <3,
Mela

4 comments:

  1. This outfit is so pretty!And I have pimpels too,but I use bareMinerals,which helps and covers them quite good!
    Happy friday!
    xoxo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina! I don't think Bare Minerals are sold here in my country but I'm so glad my pimples are starting to heal now. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...