5.14.2012

Faux Beach Bum

I'm not really the kind who gets thrilled with trips to the beach but since it was Mother's Day yesterday and my family still hasn't had some legit bonding this summer, I felt a different kind of anticipation. :)

The BDO-Roxas Family decided to spend the entire Sunday at Talon Adventure Park. It's a newly-developed tourist destination in the city. I've actually been there two years ago for a photoshoot with Elite Metro Roxas but only the orchid farm was present then. Currently, it has a wildlife reserve with a mini-zoo, ziplines, ATV/mountain bike rentals, a wider orchid farm with more orchids HAHA, and the beach (which was unexpectedly far from the adventure park proper).

Anyway, despite not being a beach bum, I still do collect clothes that are beach-appropriate. I even have a number of bikinis, bandeaus, and cover-ups in my closet which have never been used. I'm not a partyphile as well, but I also have a lot of party dresses and sparkly tops in case I get invited to clubs which have sadly never happened in a number of years. But as I always say, I'd rather sleep than have my hair fumed with cigar smoke. :P


I decided to wear something light and breezy for this short getaway. The original plan was to wear a powerfully-colored bra, perhaps red, hot pink, or blue green, below this sheer top but my dad thought it was a little too revealing. Hence, the striped yellow top instead. I like how this turned out to be sooo Mela. So ME - bright and colorful. :D Even if colorblocking has gone its way out of style, I've always been comfortable with colors that scream fun.

Thank God for slippers! 
I left home wearing four-inched wedges which were perfect for this outfit. 
But seeing everyone in slippers made me think that it's better to just blend in a little. 
The moms there were the stars of the day anyway. :)
I finally met my goddaughter Summer! :D

To the person who taught me how to mix and match and be fashionable,
who often gets annoyed whenever I raid her closet but gives me her clothes anyway,
who taught me that style isn't what you wear but who you are and how you wear it,
who have made the person that I am now,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MAMA! I LOVE YOU!
You are certainly my No.1 Fashion Icon. :D


Belated Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!


Much <3, 
Mela

P.S. Have you joined my blog giveaway?

2 comments:

  1. nice photos!! :) i love your top girl, happy mother's day to ur mom, hope it's not yet too late! :))

    xx,
    http://anneholica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Happy Mother's Day to your mom as well. :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...