5.03.2012

Charmed Life

If you have been following my blog, you'll notice that I belong to a very religious family.
Aside from being part of Christian Family Movement programs like SADE and SE, me and my brothers were also influenced by my parents to serve the church as a lector and acolytes, respectively.

Since most of my uncles have been seminarians themselves, my brother plus some other male cousins were inspired to enter the seminary, too. I, myself, have undergone discernment for lay or religious life but ended up choosing another path. Yayyyy!

My grandfather (Granny's cousin), Msgr. Vicente Navarra, fondly called Lolo Nonong, celebrated his 50th Sacerdotal Anniversary last April 11. 
He is currently the bishop of Bacolod.
The Navarra-Yap family (us!) went full-force to Mambusao to witness the ceremony.




I wore something light and breezy since the summer heat in Capiz was unbearable at that time.
Could have paired this outfit with wedges but I left most of my shoes in Iloilo. :/
 Hence, I settled with one-inch bronze pumps from my Lola.







50 candles were lit to symbolize his 50 years of priestly vocation. :)


"In Christ I am, for Christ I will." - Msgr. Vicente Navarra






On a random note, I failed to attend my friend's wedding last February because it happened on a weekend before my block exams.
I'm very happy for her nonetheless. :D
This video never fails to make me smile (or should I say laugh?) from beginning to end no matter how many times I replay it.
Hope you'll like it, too!
Edz really is quirky! :D


I still have a series of backlog posts so please bear with me.
Research, my mini-business, an online job, SADE, and some family matters have been keeping me busy lately.
I hope you're all enjoying the summer break!

Much <3,
Mela

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...