1.01.2013

Velvet and Gumballs

There's something about velvet that makes me feel expensive. The way it reflects light and shifts the gloss with movement is just majestic. I then envision carpeted floors and heavy capes of ancient royalty. Now, velvet is associated with rockstar edginess that shouts, "I'm a toughie. Don't mess with me." 

Print on print topped the style charts last 2012; On this first day of 2013, I am channeling velvet on velvet--two pieces of velvet clothing with different textures that show different degrees of amazing under the afternoon sun. And because I cannot NOT be colorful, I accessorized with my favorite neon candies from Superb Finds and The Couple Store to salvage my identity; while velvet's cousin, suede, became the perfect shoes. The more will always be the merrier. Hence, an additional light reflector, this metallic purse from GIFI Clothing, just had to be added. 
How do you like my outfit? :)
| spiked necklace and arm candies: Superb Finds | pink and green neon chain necklace : The Couple Store | metallic envelope purse: GIFI Clothing| photos by Ralph Delfin |


Win neon accessories such as these by joining this giveaway:
WWW x Superb Finds and TheCoupleStore

A happy cupcake for a happy new year!
I received countless, unexpected opportunities last 2012 because of all your support. Whatever this blog has achieved, I owe all that from you, dear readers, sponsors, friends, and family who continually believe in me despite my struggling life in medschool. 

I started with zero followers, my family and less than ten friends as readers, to gaining international readers, meeting real blogger friends, blog sponsors who ended up as friends, and photographers extraordinaire who helped me with my outfit photos without any sort of compensation. You all know who you are. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! 

You can now reach my blog via-- www.wearismela.com! Again, thank you so much, everyone! Let's all hope and pray and work for an even better year ahead. :)


Much love,
Mela

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I met you! Happy New Year, Mela! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us. :)

    Em
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorge shoes! Happy New Year :D

    xx
    ellie
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...