1.27.2013

Office Girl Series: Like A Boss


Officewear isn't just about looking chic and elegant. It's also about confidence and being always on-the-go. Power dressing can be applied to whatever workplace one belongs to. It exudes a message that "I'm a tough chic. Don't mess with me. I know what I'm doing because I always aim and get the best results." It's not entirely overconfidence or insensitive pride, it's showing the people around that you also deserve some respect--that you are in control of the circumstances that relate to whatever your position is. 
Grace (and fabulosity) under pressure? YES

| paisley top, cream blouse, and skirt: It's Vintage Darling | sunnies: SM Accessories | leopard boots: AsianVogue |purse, belt, accessories, orange boots: c/o Em Trava | HMUA&Styling: Em Trava and Rusell Mendez | photography: Rusell Mendez |

Hype this look on Lookbook.nu!

Now, which of the two outfits above made me look more of a boss?
Check out my first two entries on the Office Girl Series


Much love,
Mela

Follow me on:

25 comments:

  1. Hi dear,
    Loooove your look, absolutely gorgoeus!!
    Love your skirt specially :)
    I just found your blog and it's great!
    Follow u right now, hope u can follow me back!
    xoxo
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate comments like yours! Following you now dear :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reaching out Elena. Sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I can't thank you enough hihi. :)

    Em
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great office look! I find it difficult to find work clothes so this is really helpful =)

    Following you lovely, would absolutely love it if you would follow me back!

    catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona! Will definitely do! Im glad that this post helped you :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, I'm obsessed with this look, especially the awesome wedges! Such a cool print top. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog girl, count me as your newest follower :)

    Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first look, of course. I heart it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say you like a boss in the first one. Although the second one is lovely as well.
    www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! The first outfit was meant to be the "boss". :D

      Delete
  8. So pretty :) I love the printed jumper and how it's paired with the yellow skirt!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these outfits! Thanks for checking out my blog too :)

    girlinbetsey.blogspot.ca

    ps. feel free to enter in my Valentines Day giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very inspiring post, I wonder what inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am your newest follower, please be sure to check my blog out to! If your up for a guest post or an interview for my blog let me know!

      Delete
    2. Ofcourse! Thanks. :) I'm a frustrated office girl--that inspired me. Hihi. I'd love to follow your blog but I couldn't access your account :( link please? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for letting me know I updated my profile to show my blogs, I had no idea!!

      Delete
  11. the yellow skirt and the blouse are both sooooo elegant!


    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Aggie Kwong
    Facebook: Miss Aggie Kwong

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bright yellow is just fabulous!
    :)

    http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...