1.22.2013

Office Girl Series: The Black Skirt

As a little girl, I have always dreamed of working in an office. 
I've had countless outfit swatches in my mind then like one-piece pencil-cut dresses paired with classy pumps and a blazer--because it's always cold in an air-conditioned workplace. All my breaks will then be spent having coffee and re-touching my makeup in the washroom. And the best part will be, after work, I get to be fetched by my dad or my boyfriend, and we'll hang out somewhere talking about how wonderful my day went, etcetera. 
Ah, to be an office girl!

 Sadly--but yeah, not really THAT sadly--all my efforts now are geared towards being a Clinic Girl rather than an Office Girl. Good thing, I have this blog to pour out all my frustrations into. :)

My next few posts will be part of my newest project: Office Girl Series. Yup, I will blog everything about how I imagine myself on workwear had I been an office girl. All photos will be taken from my collaborative shoot with the Iloilo-based online boutique, It's Vintage Darling, owned by fellow Ilongga bloggers Em Trava and Tisha Arnaldo. Similar photos are on their Summertime Sadness Collection album. Visit their page now if you'd want to go ahead of this series!   

Dissect every office girl's closet and I'm sure you'll find the good old black skirt. Below or above the knee, with back or side-slit, I'm sure they all have one! My mom's a banker and she has a plethora of pencil skirts in different cuts and colors. Because officewear is all about being chic, simple, and classy, there's no need to excessorize--just combine basic pieces and you're off to a fabulous day! 

STYLE TIP: After work, why not throw over a denim blazer and don your black booties for an instant day-to-night outfit? 
Hype this on Lookbook.nu!

| white top, skirt, denim button-down: It's Vintage Darling | snakeskin heels: Shooz by SM Dept Store | boots, bag and accessories: c/o Em Trava | HMUA&Styling: Em Trava and Rusell Mendez | photos by Rusell Mendez |


Much love,
Mela

Follow me on:

24 comments:

  1. Great look,so classy yet stylish and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I'm always saying in work I wish I worked in an office so I could be fashionable with my work wear!
    www.thefashionablekitten.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Skirt ,love your Outfit! You look fabulous!
    follow new ,mind follow back? :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit I lovee the skirt and the top together <3
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) ,i already follow with GFC :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you are very beautyfull!

    www.heartscontent5.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are stunning :) I love your way of dressing for the office, it's appropriate and so stylish. My particular favourite is the shoes on the penultimate image-I just love them!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! Gonna head to your blog to check out your looks :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks Mela! Let's do this again soooon! :)

    Em
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too! And yea, I wish it'll be soon! :)

      Delete
  11. Trust me, office life is not as glamorous! but i wish it was! ^_^

    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I kinda have an idea 'cause my mom works in an office. Still, they all look fresh and pretty all day. Hihi

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...