7.22.2013

Prison Break



One of my long-standing pointers in choosing outfits is to avoid pieces that would make me look more mature or older than my age. That's why I always stick to colorful and breezy clothes. Apparently, I've broken that rule now. I guess, a misconception that even I used to be guilty of believing, is that women above 25 years must wear less fancy and more prim and classy outfits. But noooo. Age must not limit anyone from looking fabulous. Even marital status and number of kids (or even grandchildren) should not limit moms from wearing brights and prints and even short skirts and dresses. Everyone has the right to feel beautiful and be fashionable.

I may not belong to the working population yet but sometimes, it can be a confidence booster to dress like someone of high regard. This is my version of power dressing. :)


Hype this look on Lookbook.nu here and on Chictopia here!
| cat-eye sunnies: Chicnova | skirt: She Likes | bag: Mango | Aimee flats: Tonic Bags and Shoes
| photos by Ralph Delfin |

If you haven't noticed yet, the blogosphere is currently afflicted with the black-and-white stripes pandemic. I particularly love this skirt from She Likes because it doesn't require showing too much skin and it hugs my curves just right. I opted to pair it with a plain crochet top instead of something printed for additional texture and less chaos. And of course, this "power outfit" wouldn't be complete without pointed cat-eye sunnies from Chicnova (which by the way, made me feel a million dollars richer) and Aimee flats from Tonic that created an illusion of continuity with my stripes skirt. 

She Likes image banner

Have a fun week, lovelies!


Much love,
Mela
Follow me:

29 comments:

  1. I love your bag!!!
    NEW POST ON MY BLOG, let me know what you think about it!
    xxx

    Nelslicious // Facebook // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Love your sunglasses! :)

    http://fashionabejita.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!
    Hugs

    http://fashionalatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes with the lace! So pretty. And I'm obsessed with those shoes! They are so sassy and stylish. : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look!

    New post: http://themilkandmint.blogspot.it/2013/07/new-york.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think whilst you look appropriate, you shouldn't bother about your age or something! You look good!

    funkyjoleisa.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful outfit girlie!!U look stunning in it.Love ure blog so Im gonna follow u right now =D

    Also u could visit me at www.crazyclosetblog.blogspot.com or Crazy Closet Blog on Facebook.

    A million kisses!! Mariola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit :) the sunglasses are so cute too ^_^

    -Mei
    meihearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A women over 25 must wear less fancy clothes? SCREW THAT!!! Let's throw those conventional rules about fashion out the window and have fun. I'm turning 25 next week, and I vow to myself to get crazier and funkier. As for you, I love your ensemble. I love the different mixtures of prints/textures and your sunnies are to die for.

    GREAT blog, BTW.. would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so feminine and so elegant! Love your skirt!

    Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your sunglasses, I must get some!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous look! I especially adore the skirt and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit!!!It is true stripes are everywhere!!!
    Come by anytime :)

    Spotlights on the Redhead

    ~Anna~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thanx for visiting my blog, I really like yours too. Of cours we can follow each other. :)

    I'm following you now on GFC, thanx in advance for following me back.

    inaparisianstyle.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks a lot for your vote on my blog!
    your skirt is so perfect right now im in love with the stripes!

    kisses from Mexico
    http://donttrytoignoreme.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin the combination of this outfit! :)

    Kisses
    http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfit :)
    I love your flatshoe :)
    http://ayurukhmanadewi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look lovely! I totally adore your look here! you look so chic and elegant

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. following you now via GFC. I hope you'll check out my blog as well and follow if you like

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your skirt! ♥

    Em
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cateyes always does a girl justice! ♥♥ You look fab and sophisticated x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your skirt!! I've been looking for skirts like that but I can't find one in the philippines :(

    ziainprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, love it! :) your glasses are just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice look!

    www.blogfromma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. 'Medical Student. Servant of the Almighty.'

    Both cool, and cool shades.

    Dr. Russ

    Blog1

    Blog2

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this outit definetly something I would wear xxxx www.momentsofbeautywars.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful skirt, it looks perfect on you!!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting pairing of the top and skirt. I would never have thought something like that would work!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...