9.24.2012

Conspiracy Theory

I have a default prayer every Saturday afternoon: "Oh Lord, good weather please?"
It's the only time of the week when I can dress up and go out as if I'm fun-loving like everyone else who don't have exams every Monday. That didn't happen last week. Well, almost. It was raining so hard I thought another typhoon's going to hit the city again. See, Iloilo is just flood-prone like that. A bit of rain can  overwhelm the drainage and make everything overflow to the streets. 

I almost wanted to give my plan up because aside from damaging my shoes, it's unsafe and impractical to get myself wet and bother April at the studio. See, there are times when despite how badly we want to do something, the whole world seems to put some tall brick wall to separate us from our desires. It could be heavy rains or floods or schoolwork or your job or discouraging remarks from the people around. In my case, it's being away from home (not having my own DSLR or my brother photographer handy, the need to commute,etc.) and being in medical school per se. I know I shouldn't blame medical school because I chose this path but it just gets more and more demanding every week that most of the time, the need to set aside non-academic stuff arises. 

But but, no matter how cliche the saying is, I just believe that "If you really want something, the whole world conspires in helping you achieve it". I still believe in my power to make things happen with the grace of Someone up there of course, to allow them to happen. To make the story short, the rain stopped at 4pm and despite the flood, I was able to walk on dry ground and meet up with April who was very nice to lend me a few minutes. Happy ending, ay? :)
What's so special about these bracelets? These trinkets are handmade and stuffed with herbs that are believed to bring safety and attract people and good luck by Aetas from Sitio Kati-Kati, Guimaras. Whatever your beliefs are, purchasing these can transform the lives of our brothers and sisters from this indigenous community. 
Visit Maruyog Charms in Facebook for more details. :)
photos by April Rose Garcia

I HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR!
It's Medicine Week (rest, rest, rest, yayyy!)
Two collaborations are coming up (whoa!)
This is redundant but I'm finally a Candymag.com It Girl On The Web! It took me 5 years to bring this dream to life. I used to download all the photos of It Girls and play the slideshow as my screensaver. Those It Girls are actually the top tier fashion bloggers now. That's how I knew all of them (became Facebook friends with them) before they even had their own sites! HAHA. I'm such a stalker. Anyway, click this link to view the feature: http://www.candymag.com/fashion/style-files/style-files-lia-carmela-delfin/ 


What's keeping you from chasing after that dream?
Dream the impossible dream because really, nothing is impossible!


Much love,
Mela


P.S. You might want to join this giveaway! :)

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Shen! I always get giddy whenever you comment on my posts. <3

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice outfit Mela! And your blog name is so witty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pink Mother is this you? :) so glad you were able to drop by.

      Delete
  3. Lovely outfit! :)
    Xx g
    www.whatwouldwangdo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing look! Love your pants :)
    Stop by sometimes and if you like follow me,
    I'll definitely follow back :)

    http://dare2wear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did Katarina! Love the name of your blog! :)

      Delete
  5. you have a very successful blog there!!
    i love the outfit and them bracelets are very sweet.
    congrats on your It girl fame!
    A
    www.youngeyesoffashion.blogspot.co..uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you A! I actually owe it all to my lovely readers like you! :)

      Delete
  6. I never thought I's find an Ilongga blogger here. I only know a few. Lovely blog :)

    xx, Tisha
    "AESTHETICALLY SPEAKING"

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rockin', fun mix of prints and color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi beautiful!
    Saw you on IFB, I love your blog!
    Those red pants looks amazing.
    Im your new follower! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi mela !

    thanks for liking our blog... Your own blog looks amazing ! We have to follow you !

    Mixing two florals is never easy but you made us fall in love with your look!

    Much Love
    Heiress
    The Heiress Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what, you're blog is so fab too, I just followed! Keep in touch dear! :)

      Delete
  10. Beaut outfit and photography! Love the blazer especially.

    naomissian.blogspot.co.uk

    Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! That's because I have an awesome photographer. :)

      Delete
  11. love your look babe, btw do you mind following each other?

    http://sasavalencia.blogspot.com/ Dress Me Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I just left a comment on one of your posts Sasa. :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...