9.29.2012

Photography At Its Finest

Who doesn't love dazzling over photographs? 
We hold on to every piece of Kodak paper and keep them in our wallets, exhaust energy on constructing colorful scrapbooks, fill our walls with picture frames, follow blogs, collect magazines, buy expensive DSLRs, enroll in photography classes, endure starvation just to get that plateful of food photographed, etc. 

Every photo is a memoir in still life preserved. Every photo is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime occurrence that can never be perfectly re-done. That's why we can never tire ourselves from them. Anyone with hands and fingers can click a camera but only few are gifted with deftness to make others see how magnificently they perceive the world through photographs. 

It's still Medicine Week and along with it is a Photo Contest called Medscenes
Remember what I wrote about passion on my previous post? The photos below are an epitome of how people who stay up all night studying for exams and SGDs still happily subsist with interests totally unrelated to academics. The magnificence of each photo is a living testimony that passion outside medschool can still yield uncompromising results. :)

You've all been very supportive to my "blogger" self. Thank you very much! Now, I hope that you'd also support my "other" self-- the self that I live out on non-weekends, five days a week-- my "medical student" self. My batch, Juventus Aestimat Excellere (JAX), also has entries for the above contest, and I humbly ask for your support on liking the photos below in Facebook. :)

Links are provided below each photo so you just have to simply click them and like entries no. 3-15.
Voting is open to all of you, Philippine and International readers! Please help us win this! :D 
 #3 The Sower
#4 Halo
 #5 On Spilled Blood
#6 Miss Saigon
 #6A New Life
#7 Waiting Gaze
 #8 Alight
 #9 In the Midst of Silence
 #10 Someday
 #11 Sip-onon
 #12 Flight of Fancy
#13 So Long, Sweet Summer
#14 Parliament
#15 Dance With The Sun

Awesome mix of simplicity and grandeur, ay?
What I love most about these photos is that they aren't just literal interpretations of people, places, and things. They are arsty, unpredictable, well-conceptualized, and they tell a unique story to each spectator.
I'd be very thrilled if you'd spread the love with your friends too! Again, Photos No. 3-15!


Which one's your favorite? Let me know!

And thanks in advance for supporting my batch! :D


Much love,
Mela

EDIT: Sadly, this contest is done already. Thanks for all your support! All the photos above are owned and copyrighted by the photographers so please credit accordingly. :) 

14 comments:

  1. These photos are absolutely amazing...they really transmit powerful feelings. This is what I love most about photography, capturing people, feelings and different personalities. Bottom point, they are breathtaking, wonderful post!
    xoxo
    Maria
    http://routethirteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I am so proud of my batchmates for such great photography! :)

      Delete
  2. These pictures are truly stunning.I love your blog :)
    Kisses, Vilda

    http://scandinavian-made.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vilda! I have talented batchmates, that's why. :)

      Delete
  3. This photography is beautiful.

    Love your blog,

    Jade
    x

    www.thefashionformative.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! I'll definitely send your sweet compliments to my batchmates. :)

      Delete
  4. These pictures are totally gorgeous darling!:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very great photos... great inspiration - thanks for your lovely comment via IFB

    New giveaway: --> Win a pair of CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes <--

    Vanessa - PureGlam.tv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Vanessa. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  6. very great photoo.. i love it !!
    the most i loved is 6A,11, 13, 14 <333

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Alessia! All these were taken by my batchmates. :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...