9.02.2012

Bubblegumdrop

 

photos by Jovel Biboso

After more than a year of planning, say hello to my first ever collaboration with Jovel Biboso! We've been neighbors since forever but our schedules never seem to collide until last weekend when I went home to Roxas for less than 24hours. :| It's a long explanation why that happened but I have no regrets despite the tiring trip which could have been spent with sleep instead.

What I love most about Jovel's photos is that they have this characteristic warmth and youthfulness. She's one of those down-to-earth photography enthusiasts who does most shoots for fun but effortlessly end up with pleasing results. We've been messaging each other before we met up but she never told me that our shoot was going to happen on her birthday! My bad, I didn't have a clue if she hadn't ask me to attend her dinner party. Yes, I am just that negligent with Facebook's birthday notifs.

Anyway, what I'm wearing here is a deviation from my usual getup. This is something outside of my style comfort zone but I hope I did justice to my Grandma's top (Believe it or not, it's hers!) and this envelope purse from Bubbles. Isn't it pretty? Guess what, it's NOT mine! It'll be owned by one of you very soon! Bubbles is giving away this neon envelope purse to one lucky reader of this blog! Yay! Not only that, one of my sponsors will also give out a GC worth of shoes/apparel! I'll do my very best to post it next weekend! :D

My study break is officially over, so goodbye for now?
Have a blessed September, everyone. :)


Much love,
Mela

P.S. Feel the 'warmth and youthfulness' of Jovel's works here:
http://wearismela.blogspot.com/2011/05/budding-teen-vogue-la-mode-jovel-biboso.html

28 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit. I like the clutch, it has interesting details and pattern.

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! I'm giving the clutch away :) feel free to join if you're from the Philippines :D

      Delete
  2. amazing heels and printed shirt!! love the colors on your bag!!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inlove with the clutch too! Thanks Marie! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the shoes!


    would love if you could check out + follow my blog www.thepretrender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that clutch!!!
    You outfit is gorgeous. Nicely styled. x

    http://cherryfashion-buzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clutch and the shoes! Found you on ifb following now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I love your outfit, the blouse and the clutch especially, they are amazing! I'm following you now via GFC! Kisses

    http://visiononfashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you clutch!! So Cute!! :)
    Irina
    www.brandnamesus.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shirt :) Nice blog dear! Followed!

    http://amulhereamoda.blogspot.pt/
    xo,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the bright colors of your blog! :)
    Very creative outfit -- followed!


    SYJ of Class Consumed
    http://classconsumed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, new follower here! LOVE your shirt, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage top that is. :) you!re so sweet, thank you so much for following! :)

      Delete
  11. OMG that's such a cute way to wear socks with shoes, I love that combo!!! Now following ^_^

    xoxo,diana
    http://www.xoxodiana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! It's actually my first time to try it. :)

      Delete
  12. The lust photo is magic!
    Thank you Mela to follow me on www.modaholic.com
    A big hug from Italy!
    Angelo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an amazing blog, I love it!
    Following you on GFC. I would love if you could follow me back <3
    love,
    Lali
    Lali pops of colour

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...