8.18.2012

Hats Off

(necklace: Bubbles, bangles: SM Kids Accessories)
My photos scream girly because of this girl. Meet April! :D
And her friend, Myla, who added more yellowness to my already bright and yellow day!
(hat: SM Accessories)

photos by April Rose Garcia

My head was aching to wear this hat with salmon pink trousers and wedges last weekend but then I found out at the last minute that my top had a low, low neckline. I had no choice but to wear a bandeau underneath. The only kind in my closet was in yellow green. :| I knew then and there that it would ruin the daintiness of the entire outfit hence, I decided to just give yellow green some moral support with colorful accessories. Since I couldn't give the hat up, I used a bag with the same hue and switched to black flats to minimize the chaos.

TIP: When confused with mixing and matching colors, just make sure that at least two pieces in your outfit have the same hue. Mostly, similar-colored shoes&bag or shoes&top make safe combinations - the rest of the pieces you can just play along with. :)

How do you guys plan to spend the long weekend?
In contrast to my bright outfit, my week was a rather gloomy one. With all the stress and tears that it caused me, there's no better remedy than some salon-pampering and quality family time. :)
I'm also posting a blog giveaway next, yayyy! Watch out for it, yah?

Happy long weekend, everyone!


Much love,
Mela 

37 comments:

  1. So colorful! :)

    - Em
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I hope to meet you soon in person. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the yellow-ness!! So fun and summery!

    peace&love, Jill

    Favor the Brave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's not even close to summertime here in the Phils, haha. Thanks Jill!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your bracelets, Mela. :D So playful!

    www.winawonders.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing hat and chic houndstooth pants!! love the color of your shirt!!
    2 giveaways on my blog:)
    http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so colorful and summery! :)
    i've followed you via gfc! i'm pinay too :D

    http://fayeroco.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! Will def check your blog out too. :)

      Delete
  6. You have a really lovely blog

    Come and meet Hayley
    Z
    http://areweontime.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/meet-hayley-deaner.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and colorful.. :) The bow on your hat is really cute..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :)
    Love your outfit, your accessories are awesome :)
    I am following you now.
    Hope you will check and follow my blog too.

    http://teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magdalena! Im browsing thru your blog now.:)

      Delete
  9. wow a lot of colors! I love it, lets follow each other! let me know

    www.double-pizzazz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thorunn! Left a comment on your blog. Thanks:)

      Delete
  10. Hey darling,

    great pics, love the colors!!

    Im following on GFC!

    I hope you will follow back (with GFC - Google).

    http://luxurylifedesign.blogspot.com/

    xoxo LLD

    ReplyDelete
  11. such an adorable outfit! the yellow is so bright and i really love your hat :D

    wishuponasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi sweetie!
    nice blog and style!
    find some time to check out my blog http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/
    and let me know if you want to follow each other!
    thank you!
    :)
    xoxo
    Evi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! You look so cute! You have very unique style! Following :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog! I'm your newest follower.
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous colors!!

    theblackfloral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. great blog! thanks for checking mine out I am now following :)

    littletoomch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. follow you on twitter and with GFC!
    thank you!
    xoxo
    Evi
    http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice look! I like how the hat adds sophistication to the casual attire [:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wearing it isn't a wrong decision after all :) thanks Juliette!

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...