8.10.2012

Barriers

(shirt and bag: Gap, skirt: Bubbles, necklace: Margarita Fashion House)

Photos by April Rose Garcia

What is a blogger without a DSLR?
Because my brother is my only photographer and the only DSLR I have is a family camera which is currently in my hometown, I've already foreseen the bitter possibility of not being able to post outfit photos until the semestral break. Nevertheless, no matter how much I rationalize and rant about how busy medical school is, I still have this silent plea in my heart that somehow, someone kind out there will help me pursue what makes me happy (even just on weekends).

Two weeks ago, I received an email from someone I've never really met yet. I stalked her profile and was thrilled to see a cute and pretty girly girl with a queer Facebook alias. She's a photography student in the same university as mine. Small world, ay? We met up last Saturday for a few minutes for my outfit photos and you can only imagine how these photos were taken by an equally fashionable girl in 3-inched wedges! I had so much fun with our mini-chitchats and I'm really wishing that we'd meet up again for my next weekend outfit, haha! Thank God for sending angels like April. :D 

I couldn't talk much right now because I'm blogging from an internet cafe and it's almost curfew time. :( My laptop broke down just this morning and I guess this is another predicament that I have to conquer. But then, for the love of blogging, I will always find a way. Whatever it takes. :D


Much love,
Mela

P.S. April's sister owns Sugar Plum, an all-around photostudio that specializes in photographing babies and toddlers! Visit their page on Facebook for more details. CLICK HERE!

P.P.S. This is also an entry to IFB Project #107: Printed Matters 

42 comments:

  1. Love your skirt!



    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you met this girl and she ended up taking outfit pics for you! They look great and I am loving your skirt and cardigan!! Great look! xx, Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Pip! Im pretty sure that April will go giddy when she reads your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Great shirt and necklace.I don´t have a dslr either,not yet ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy, a lot of other bloggers out there dont have DSLRs too but that doesnt stop us from blogging, right?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Javier! Sending my kisses back to you <3

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit you look amazing! The necklace is really cool.
    Love your blog now following, hope you can check mine out too =)
    http://anarkalilovesme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Skirt
    www.georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk

    get 20% off at www.motelrocks.com
    with discount code
    GEORGINAGOODMAN
    at the checkout
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog a lot! This is like the second time I visit it and it is awesome :) I love your skirt!
    Good luck on working for this blog this semester, if you can do it, me too :)

    http://natalia-etlamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Natalia! :) let's inspire each other.

      Delete
  8. Such a great outfit and you did such a good job on mixing prints. I'm always nervous to mix loud prints like this but you did it effortlessly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW great outfit! love the colours :)

    Thanks for messaging me on IFB - I am following you via GFC :)

    Would love it if you visited my blog! And maybe we could follow each other?

    Jess XO

    www.mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! You have a fab blog! I am following you too. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks Jessica! Are you Asian? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Meganne! Sure, just send your links over :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much colour and print, but the clashing is MAGIC

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice! you have great style. follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the skirt!

    Sara

    http://studdedbysara.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing mix of prints. love the cardigan and the skirt :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your mix of prints!!

    following you! hope you can check out my blog and follow back!

    theblackfloral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome :)
    lovely blog.
    Following your blog. follower#282

    hope you will visit & follow my blog.
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a great outfit :)

    http://lorihearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome style and so is your blog!
    you are now in my blogroll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit!:) I just followed you via gfc!
    It would mean a lot if you took the time to visit my blog! http://mylifelamiavitamivida.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an amazing tribal outfit!! LOVE IT

    primpedandprimed.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, this outfit is brilliant!! great job, I absolutely love it!!
    Awesome choice of shoes too, nothing would have worked here better :)

    www.brandnamesus.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...