7.10.2012

Stranger Anxiety

The very talented Tajen Sui helped me out with my outfit posts two weeks ago and it was quite an experience working with someone so skilled in photography. You see, I started blogging not because I wanted to be a fashion/portrait/ad model or something close to that. I simply want to document what I wear just so I have something to show my future grandkids, hehe. Dressing up has always been my form of expression. But with the life that I have now, being artsy is almost  an impossibility. :(

BUT. Thank God for Saturdays! It's the only time of the week when I can go out and just be me. With going out I don't mean malling/partying, it's actually that one hour I spend in the chapel two blocks away from my dormitory. :| Yes, I know, that's how self-deprived I am. Studying medicine entails delaying gratifications and sacrifice. Phew. I know that time will come when I can finally freely trot the streets (or must I say, wards?) in my favorite dresses and high heels without worrying about upcoming Monday, Tuesday, Friday exams or SGDs. Yayyyy! Someday. :D
    
Here's what I wore to church many Saturdays ago.
With the moody Iloilo weather, I have somehow mastered the art of bipolar dressing. A loose top and palazzo pants -- both flowy and silky--  made the perfect combination. Everything was so cool and so light, I felt like I was just wearing pajamas. I could sleep wearing this ensemble! 
I left most of my accessories in my hometown so I chose pieces that could actually stand on their own. With a top as dainty as this, who needs a necklace? 
I am so inlove with palazzo pants! If paired with the right top and shoes, they can make thin legs look fuller and plump legs look slimmer. Try raiding your mom's closet, I'm sure she has a lot of pants like these!
I was accustomed with my brother taking my photos, hence this new encounter brought the most awkward and shaky Lia. :| Nevertheless, thank you, Tajen for your time and patience! :D

How are you guys coping with school?


Much love,
Mela

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...