7.21.2012

Survivor

Waaaaa. I have the most awkward hands. XD

Photos by Tajen Sui
And thanks to Frances for the curlers. Hihi

I call myself a survivor because this school week is finally over and I'm still here---ALIVE!
I could vividly recall the anxiety I had when the schedule for this past week was given out. Well, if you'd allow me to share what actually happened, my week pretty much went like this:

**Module 4 Exam (Monday)
**1st SGD session (Monday)
**Deadline of Research Homework (Tuesday)
**Pathology Exam (Tuesday)
**Microbiology Exam (Tuesday)
**Film Showing with Reaction Paper (Wednesday)
**2nd SGD Session (Wednesday)
**FCM Exam (Thursday)
**Submission of Reaction Papers (Friday)
**Community Visit despite the mud and the VERY strong rain (Friday)
**3rd SGD Session (Friday)
**Finally got my brows done and a new haircut (Friday)
**OMG, I found the perfect hairstylist (Friday)
**Some retail therapy (Friday)
**Had 10 hours of sleep after ages (Friday)
**Woke up and felt like I had a hangover (Saturday)
**1st time to eat a whole cup of rice after so many weeks or months (Saturday)
**College of Med Acquaintance Party (Saturday)

***all that plus lectures in between***

HAHA. That went by quickly, I would say.
Next week will be less stressful (just two exams and a quiz!). Yayyyy!
They always say that sophomore year is the toughest and oh my golly, that's slowly sinking in. Exams in med school are like oxygen -- one couldn't just live without them. In our case, with a PBL curriculum, it's exams + SGDs. Whew.

To all aspiring doctors, enjoy your undergrad years! Don't rush yourselves toward medical school. This path is no joke. What comforts though is the fact that all sacrifices will have corresponding gains in the end. That's for sure. :D



Much love,
Mela


P.S. HELP! This is a shoutout to compassionate hearts out there:
I need someone who can take my outfit shots! You don't have to be a professional photographer. I swear it won't be much of a hassle because it only takes 10-15mins to finish. And if you're from the city too, I can just go wherever you're hanging out, and we're done! This is a weekly thing so I'll make sure that the few minutes that I'll borrow won't interfere with your studies/job. Please, please, please.  :(

25 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeee your blog! Great sense of style!
    About this post, I adore the leopard wedges!
    New follower <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute I love your shirt!!! I saw you on IFB and I'm glad I did, I am now following, hope you can follow me back!
    xoxo asiahlynn
    http://asiahlyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey really nice blog :)
    And i must admit that i admire your courage to wear so vivid colors and to look so good in them :) really amazing <3

    Hope you can follow me back

    http://provocativewoman2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving your top! The bold prints and colors look really great with the leopard boots! Really liking your style girl! I'm your newest follower and from IFB! xx, Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love so much about this outfit! Have followed you, would love if you checked out my blog www.thepretrender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I like it! I follow you now :)
    Great top!


    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Followed
    flatsmeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! So glad you came to visit Karen dear. :)

      Delete
  8. This is really adorable look, dear~ I love the colors and the way you styled up the whole outfit~!
    I receive your message at IFB forum for bloggers and found a lot of inspiring outfits and posts here in your blog~!,
    and I thought that it would be great to have so lovely girl among my followers and be your follower also~!
    Just join yours )
    waiting for you in mine - hope we will be friends :)

    Nice blogging~!


    Olga / blogging from South Korea
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comment Olga. Thanks mucho

      Delete
  9. Hi, nice to connect with you! Love how you styled your look and I love the shoes! I have them too!! xo r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kind of shoes is a blogger must-have, dont you think? :)

      Delete
  10. Adorable booties!!

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt is bananas! Love it.


    www.onegirlsempire.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look! Such vibrant colors. :) Maybe we could take photos of each other's outfits? Haha! I will definitely visit your blog more often. ;)

    - Em ♥
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how u mix the colors! It's unique but not overstyled!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...