12.27.2011

Sunny Down South.

I set foot on Mindanao for the first time last October!
I thought I'd be staying there only for the weekend but it became almost a week-long adventure.
The trip wasn't intended for vacation, though. 
I, plus three others, were invited by the Bishop of Marbel to facilitate the first Sons and Daughters' Encounter in Mindanao. 
Oodles of excitement, hesitation, rationalization (because it entailed sacrificing my semestral break) surged in my system before, during, and even after that life-changing expedition.
Even so, I didn't regret each setback and discomfort along the way.
Besides, what could be more rewarding than serving the Lord, enjoying and learning at the same time?

With the T'bolis at Lake Sebu!


I couldn't be more shaken when I found out that  they booked us Super Ferry instead of plane tickets!
It was one of the longest trips I had in my life, and one of the most pleasurable too. :)


What we assumed as a mini-mall turned out to have a spiral driveway to the rooftop parking area!
(General Santos City)


First lunch at Marbel, South Cotabato--Biarong Resto!



















After having dinner at the Bishop's Palace, we rolled up to this place -- a micro resort and restau where you can see a bird's eye view of Marbel.

One ideal setting for an exclusive date with your loved one!

Because I couldn't give my phone up during the sacrificial gift offering, I surrendered my camera in place of it. Hence, I don't have photos of the actual encounter with the teens. :(

We went to Lake Sebu on my last day (my flight back was 2 days earlier than the others).
For a brief intro, Lake Sebu (sebu meaning lake) is one of the leading tourist destinations in South Cotabato. It has seven falls, *google, google!* and it also houses the highest zipline in Southeast Asia (600feet above the ground) and the second longest in the Philippines (740meters long on the first ride and 400meters on the second).

 I am very proud to say that I survived that wild, wild zipline experience!!!
I'm very happy too that I left the CD with the copies of my photos while zipline-ing in Iloilo.
I don't want any of you to see an aswang flying in the sky.



Up-close and personal with Falls No.1!

Jumpshot FAIL.




It took the operators forever to convince me that I will come back to the station awake and alive.


Falls No. 5.

Had lunch at a restau that serves all-tilapia dishes!

Chicharong tilapia was my favorite!!


Second on my fave list: Kinilaw na Tilapia. It tasted more like salad. :)

Punta Isla Resort.













Lelelelelels.


Boating around Lake Sebu! I froze on my seat when I learned that it was 2000ft deep. :|


Ze tourguide.


We stopped over to take pictures at Surralah, South Cotabato's two center domes that caught our eyes at first sight.

Rode a bus to Davao alone. 

I finally saw Mt. Apo!!! 

And BTW, thanks to my pseudo-big brother Mike who treated me for lunch and gave me these goodies!

I don't really see myself living in sunny, desert-ish Cotabato 
but I'd definitely want to explore more of Mindanao, learn Bisaya, and go on another zipline experience prepared and prettified so I wouldn't anymore need to hide my photos from you guys! HEHE.

On another note, I'm launching my first blog giveaway tomorrow! Yes, TOMORROW! 
Two lucky winners will be chosen! 

Please please support it. :D
Thankyouverymuch!


Much <3,
Mela





10 comments:

  1. lia, i think that is Falls No. 1 sa caption...hehehe. (based sa order of photos) :D
    -donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caption changed to Falls No.1!
    Thanks to Donna :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Love your blog! Found you on an IFB group, follow back at
    http://greenbaymix.blogspot.com
    I am a filipina also, I live in the US. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! Glad to meet you here! Keep in touch :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that looks like a fun trip!!
    xx
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool :)

    http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time to visit your blog cam..Love it! ^_^ Im happy to know that you still keep and living the life of an awesome writer together with medical school...Ill be updated with your blogs..^_^ IMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chille! I just read this. Hehe. Thanks for the support. I miss you too so much! :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...