2.16.2013

Office Girl Series: Rank-and-File

Hel-lo people! How's everything going?
We've finally reached the end of this blog series on officewear ideas. And since it's been a while after I posted the last installment, here's a quick recap of Parts One to Three:

Office Girl Series: The Black Skirt
Office Girl Series: Lunch Break
Office Girl Series: Like A Boss

"Rank-and-file" has really nothing to do with the outfits below as these pieces are template officewear that can be worn by any office girl on any ordinary office day. What inspired me, though, is the lead male character in Disney's Animated Short Film, Paperman. In case you haven't stumbled upon this wonderful 7-minute video yet, please do watch it below. It tells so much in just a short amount of time.
Hype this on LOOKBOOK.nu!

 | pink polka dots top, mustard pencil skirt, off white button-down, floral trousers: It's Vintage Darling | salmon tribal wedges: Asian Vogue | black colorblock heels: So! Fab | accessories: c/o Em Trava | HMUA and Styling: Em Trava and Russel Mendez | photography: Russel Mendez |


Disney will never lose its magic. Never ever.
I don't know if you figured this out about me yet, but I'm a completely, hopeless romantic. Well, more like "hope-filled romantic". I love all things cheesy, corny, mushy, and gushy. It melts my heart and makes me the happiest person alive. This video just did that for me. :)



 You know, I've been kind of down in the dumps recently about various things. But it's the small and sweet reminders such as this that move me to choose happiness. HappinessAlways. Because I just know that God has a beautifully sculpted plan for me. I don't even have to try to change or fight or argue with it anymore. I just have to let go, open my arms, and let the paper airplanes do wonders and lead the way.


Much love,
Mela

Follow me:
TWITTER | CHICTOPIA | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM 

12 comments:

  1. That's very interesting Dahi! I'll surely check it out. :)
    Thanks for appreciating my work. Lovelots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I can't watch the video as it is set to private =( I do love disney though.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm following now and would appreciate it if you returned the favor! I hope you feel better soon.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne! Thanks for informing me about the faulty video. :( it can be played again now. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and following! We´re following you back!
    Your outfits are stunning! We specially like the second and third ones, those printed pants fit you perfectly!!

    KISSES
    http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you loves :) I had fun browsing your blog, hence the follow.

      Delete
  4. Great pics! I'm loving those blue heels.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! They're limited edition heels from So!Fab :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the follow, I'm following you back. Hope you update soon!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ~ I love your blog, your post, your photos, your style.
    I am already a member and become your hope to read more of your post.
    I also have a blog leblogde-joy.blogspot.fr and I invite you to discover the mine and subscribe if you want.
    Thank you ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Will surely check your blog out :)

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...