2.24.2013

Good Hair And Make-up Days

Sometimes you have good hair and make-up days. 
And sometimes, you get your hair and make-up done for free and it suddenly becomes a good hair and make-up day. This is one of the rare occasions when I'm wearing more than tinted moisturizer and blush on my skin

My search for a reliable hair and make-up artist for my cousin's wedding last December was close to hopeless. There's quite a number of salons in the city but a bunch of positive-negative hearsay was also going on for each. In momentous events like weddings with photographers left-and-right, it's a MUST to look your best by choosing only someone that you trust. So when my high school classmate, Angel-- who happened to have recently launched a barber shop/salon-- offered her services, I knew I was in good hands.   


If anyone needs an AMAZING make-up artist in Roxas City or Iloilo, Angelie Andrada is your girl. She completed a professional course from Make Up Forever - Manila and is currently offering professional make-up services and packages for weddings, debuts, proms, dates and occasions of any sort. She recently held make-up tutorials and classes and has been exposed to Wedding and Event Exhibits as well. She used to do home services but now, her expertise has found its home in Andrew's Barber Shop and Salon. 
I heard that her airbrush skills are insane. She definitely is a must-try!

We had a very early appointment because the wedding started at 10AM. I came in with semi-wet hair and barefaced evidence that I just came out from bed. Uh-oh.
Because of the early call-time, I expected Angel to use all of the time up but she magically wrapped everything in less than an hour! She's unbelievably faster than any veteran salon personnel I know. We have discussed the wedding's theme and the color of my dress days before the big day, so everything went easy-peasy. I also sent her photos of how I wanted my hair to be done and it was nailed perfectly well!

 
Andrew's Barber Shop & Salon is located at Capiz Government and Business Center, Fuentes Drive, Roxas City.
"Like" their Facebook page for updates: Make-up by Angelie Andrada
 or send in your inquiries via 09176263075.

And for my final look...
I loooove my perfectly imperfect messy side bun!
With the genius behind this look, Angelie Andrada! The session became a mini-reunion, too. One of my childhood girlfriends arrived. Hello Lian! Since we had more than enough time before the ceremony started, I was able to have my outfit photos taken. Yipeee, but sorry for the blurry photos. Something bad was definitely going on with the camera at that time. :( :) 
| dress and belt: SM Ladies Fashion | cufflink: Superb Finds | heels: So! Fab | HMUA: Angelie Andrada | photos by: Ralph Delfin |
Hype this on LOOKBOOK.nu!

Of course, this post wouldn't be complete without photos to show how glorious the day was.
My cousin, Nico, finally got married and I couldn't be happier for him and his dear twinnie. Emie is the nicest, sweetest, brightest-smiling girl I have encountered. She and Nico are basically personality twins! As I sat in awe watching one of my closest cousins on his wedding day, I couldn't help swelling into tears realizing that the baby I used to share my mom's milk with (yes, along with Kirby, we were 'nursed' together by my mom while their moms were out), was all grown up. He has found his princess and they are now beginning their happily ever after.
(wedding photos from Nico and Emie Yap)

I wish you love birds, the happiest of lives together. May the only tears you shed be ones of joy (or the ones from laughing so hard together). May your love only grow fonder and more abundant each day. And may your kids look like little Asian penguins because that would be so cute and funny at the same time. HAHA.
I love you guys sososoooo much!


Much love,
Mela

Follow me:
TWITTER | LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | INSTAGRAM

18 comments:

  1. Aww. You and your family look amazing. God bless you guys. Hope you will also visit me soon :)
    xx

    Maria Speaks Prada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the salon/barber shop interiors! Very very nice. And I like how she did your makeup as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked this post, CJ! I hope you can come back soon :)

      Delete
  3. Great photos! I really like the blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing, they did an absolutely great job on your makeup. Your blog is gorgeous!! And it looks like everyone had a great time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Awwww, I owe it all to my makeup artisit! :D you're blog name is so cute!!

      Delete
  6. Thanjs for sharing! yeah, a good make-up artist makes a big difference :)


    Fashion for Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Esther! Are you Filipino? I'm so glad to have met you here! :)

      Delete
  7. You look gorgeous girl! They did a fantastic job. I'm loving your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support! Will definitely check your blog out and follow :)

      Delete
  8. by the way,i am currently having a Firmoo eyeglasses giveaway. more details here: http://jenponix.com/2013/03/07/giveaway-firmoo-com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, too bad I'm a bit late for this. :( but thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...