11.18.2012

Wonka Nerd

I'm always on a rush and when it comes to last-minute styling, my mantra will always be "When in doubt, colorblock." With the color-loving person that I am, color-blocking is something that I have already mastered. Just a tip: On occasions when you don't really need to be dressy, why not sport a top and skirt in the same color family and leave the print-on-print trend on your bag and shoes? That would be like hitting two birds with one stone!

I love how this ensemble made me look a little grown-up without compromising my fun, youthful side. I feel like I taste so sweet and sour a la Strawberry and Grape-Flavored Wonka Nerds. Childhood nostalgia but yum! This is definitely something that I'd wear when I go on hospital rounds 5-7 years from now.
(top,skirt,sunnies : random SM Dept. Store brands | bag : Gap | photos by : Ralph Delfin)

And I am finally on Lookbook.nu! I've been receiving a lot of queries about why I don't have one. With the kind of schedule that I have, a blog and three or more social networking site accounts is just too much to handle. Chictopia has been the home of my outfit photos for over two years now and starting all over again with Lookbook.nu is a step out of my comfort zone. This is just my second LB post and I will be archiving my previous looks there. I hope to meet more amazing fashion inspirations and get some support too. Cross your fingers with me, please? I'd love to check your LBs out, send your links over! 




Also, thanks to everyone who stayed up late and took time to vote for me 247295627461846x just so I'd be StyleBible.PH's My Style Star for November. You're efforts were all worth it because I WON! Yiheee! *happy dance* Really, I am just a microbe in the blogging world but I wouldn't be who I am or where I am now without your support. So from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU SO MUCH! May you all be blessed a hundred more times the votes you shared.
Happy weekend, everyone!

Much love,
Mela

Follow me on Instagram: @wearismela
Join my giveaways:

10 comments:

  1. hi sweetie!
    great style!
    check out my blog and let me know if you want to follow each other!
    :)
    http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evi! Great blog, just checked it out :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors, so fun!

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful and lovely outfit! love your shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look! love the color combination!
    like your style dear, how would you like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin?

    http://anmari-ish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you combinet those two bright colours
    xxx
    Polly
    http://pollyslookbook.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly <3 I love how it turned out too.

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...