11.11.2012

Outfit Repeater

If you happen to be a 90's kid like me, you could have also watched Hillary Duff's The Lizzie Mcguire Movie in your teenage years. Remember how she was humiliated by Kate Sanders for wearing exactly the same powder blue dress from the spring dance? Dreadful. Or Jamie in A Walk To Remember--mocked for wearing the same ugly sweater since kindergarten. Just typical mean-insecure-it-girls-bullying-the-class-nerds high school scenes, uh-huh, but those kind of stuck on me.

 As much as I want my closet to be an endless pit, it just isn't. There will always be that favorite dress or top that I will never get tired of wearing over and over again. Or that only pair of leather jeans I have that does magic to whatever top I pair it with. We all have our own outfit-repeating stories to tell. In fact, we're all guilty of being outfit repeaters once or twice or even a dozen more times in our lifetime. And guess what, nothing's wrong with it! 
Now let me tell you a little secret. The sad part of personal style blogging away from home (as I always say) is not having a camera and a brother (who patiently takes my photos) handy. It's attending events and wearing blog-worthy outfits and not being able to document them.  


I celebrated my birthday with a few friends and classmates last October 13 and as a yearly tradition, I get myself a new dress, a.k.a. birthday dress. So on that same day, I searched for April and ambushed her on a party just to take my photos. How desperate! Anyway, it took her a while to send me the photos (no worries girl, I totally understand!), so I re-wore everything from eyewear to shoes during our vacay just so I'd have my birthday outfit taken. Good thing, my hair's digipermed already (yes, yes, yes, I am now curly!) and I forgot some accessories at home; thus making outfit-repeating a little more subtle. Oh, what a hairstyle-change can do! XD 
And finally, the original birthday outfit photos! Thank you so much, April!
| eyewear: SM Accessories | necklace: Mizar Clothing | dress: SM GTW | bag: Guess | shoes: AsianVogue | First 5 photos by: Ralph Delfin | Last 2 photos by April Garcia of Sugar Plum Studio |

Call me outfit repeater or whatever label you want, but I will surely wear this dress again. It's just so pretty not to! :D

To those wondering why I still haven't posted the PFW photos yet, I'm sorry I forgot to bring them over when I left my hometown after the break. :( I hope this makes up for my forgetfulness in the meantime. Besides, I'm also very excited to share with you guys that the Style Bible team approached me after the show to take this photo!
 
Check out the other photos in the gallery as well!

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!


Much love,
Mela

P.S. Have you joined this giveaway? Giveaway Alert : WWW x Put It On
I'll be giving away loads of neon accessories soon, so keep posted!

P.P.S. I am finally on Instagram! Because I shall be busy in the coming weeks, I might update it more often than my blog! Follow away: wearismela

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh Stylebible! Ikaw na! :)

    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Irene! That was meant to be a happy dress because it's for my birthday. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous look! I love that dress :)
    Haha, I totally remember that! Lizzie McGuire was my favorite show as a little kid.

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hurray 'cos we're all Lizzie Mcguire fans! I wonder where Hillary is right now though. :( anyway, thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Omg you're on style bible!! whoah next level ka nagd nang :)

    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na-chambahan lang na Nads. Haha, everyone there was in their best outfits. XD

      Delete
    2. Nah, if everyone was there in their best outfits, it only means you stood out gd ya nang :)

      Delete
  5. cool dress :)
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are absolutely killer! Such a great utilization of color!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...