11.03.2012

Heelless Is Not Flat

It was disheartening when I found out that our Singapore trip wouldn't push through this sembreak. So to make me feel better, I just thought that everything happens for a reason and more often than not, it always is for the better. True enough, the domestic flights that we booked last May fell on the Philippine Fashion Week--something that I've always dreamed to attend but that never happened of course because I'm not allowed to travel alone on a faraway, foreign place. Yes, Manila is already faraway and foreign for a probinsyana like me. :) But that's another blogpost story. :P

My parents have been followers of Bo Sanchez for more than 15 years and I have read each and every issue of Kerygma magazine since gradeschool and finished reading and re-reading Bo's books too. I was also a regular attendee of The Feast in Iloilo until circumstances prompted them to stop holding it for awhile.
We missed The Feast so much so we attended the 10:30AM schedule at the PICC last Sunday. The arena was packed and the Holy Mass was spectacular. Bo's talk again exceeded my expectations. It was a wonderful experience--full of laughter and happy tears and songs that left me LSS-ing for days.

Because I was rushing when I packed my clothes (not again?!), I just brought whatever stuff I saw first and even forgot my accessories. :| I wasn't in the mood to go girly-girly sweetie pie so here's what I came up with:
When I was little, I was often taunted as wer-wer (thick lips). Now you see why. 
Never have I pictured myself wearing heelless shoes before because:
1.) I find them pathetic.
2.) They're a bit pricey.
3.) I can't even have a decent walk with heels, what more with heelless shoes?
4.) They're not wearable on regular sidewalk-walking days.

But when I saw these hidden at the lowest, darkest, most rejected shelf at the SM Department Store, I just knew that I have to adopt them because:
1.) They're on sale, yayyy! 50% OFF!!!
2.) The platforms aren't that high.
3.) They're super comfy when worn.
4.) They're totally safe and stable to walk on. More like wearing wedges!
5.) I don't have plain black shoes yet.
6.) Unbelievably, they still have it on my size. :D
(top: gift from cousin | leggings: SM GTW | bag: Coach | | shoes: Janeo - SM Dept Store)

It was starting to drizzle but thank you Papa for patiently taking these photos!
 My efforts to hide my chubby cheeks made me look maldita. :| I'll try to figure a friendly smile without my cheeks puffing next time. XD

What do you think of heelless shoes?


Much love,
Mela

14 comments:

  1. They look so cool but I know I wouldn't be very good at walking in them haha. Respect!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should at least try to wear one Lucia. Looks can be very deceiving. They aren't really that difficult to walk on, take it from me! :D

      Delete
  2. Your cheeks are great...what are you talking about? Those shoes are so fantabulous, I love,love,love them!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pants and wedges! Such an amazing look :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, this shoes are AMAZING!!! You have my follow!

    sarah

    www.regardingthestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I really appreciate this Sarah, you're so sweet! Thank you <3

      Delete
  5. Fab! Too bad we weren't able to meet up. Nabawi sa IDW haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's always a right time for everything! Glad we finally met in person, Em! Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again :)

      Delete
  6. This type of shoe looks ridiculously hard to walk in! I don't think I could ever do it. Cute outfit!

    http://fashionedible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, it's really not as difficult to walk in as it looks like! :D

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...