4.03.2014

Aberration



I was never a sporty person, though I wish some of my future kids would be. 
The only ones I knew (past tense because those "skills" have been repressed longer than I can remember) how to play were badminton and swimming--both were forcibly imposed by my parents just to get me outdoors on summer breaks. But a sport that I really find cool ("cool": looks fun but I don't really know the rules) is football. There's something so attractive about the jersey top uniforms of international football teams (e.g. Brazil). So when I saw this watermelon-print cropped top from Romwe, I didn't think twice of spending my blogger points for it. It looks like one of those shirts that football players wear, just more girly and summer-y and I just feel extra sporty today.


Since I'm not comfortable with belly appearances, I paired the cropped top with high-waisted leggings from Ohkayganda Boutique. I believe that dressing up is like cooking. You have to know what ingredients and mixtures work for you to achieve a pleasing blend. In this case, the cropped top + high-waist bottom combo perfects balance and compensation.


Of course, this leopard print wristwatch from Born Pretty Store is a favorite because it could stand out and blend in at the same time. It goes true with this handbag from Mindanao. Both have patterns quite dissimilar with the rest of the outfit but when put together, they all look like they were made to belong there.


Show some love and hype this on Lookbook.nu here and on Chictopia here! 
| sunnies c/o Chemjoy.com | cropped top c/o Romwe | leggings c/o Ohkayganda Boutique | wristwatch c/o Born Pretty Store | photos by Jeph Delfin |

What do you think of this look?
I hope this inspired you to be bolder in choosing outfit combinations this summer!
As a treat, you guys can visit www.bornprettystore.com and enter the code below (LIACC10) to get a 10% off discount + free shipping on any purchase!



Much love,
Mela 

Follow me:

15 comments:

  1. always amazing!!Lovely your dear!!!
    xoxo

    Madame Galiash

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents did the same to me and like you I never fell in love with sports but my that top is cute! I also love your bag

    
Emma| With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So striking and pretty, you look great girl! ~

    www.nevernotinspired.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bag :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome leggins

    kisses from Dublin
    Ewelina
    xxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look darling! :)
    visit me soon on http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty.love the leggings
    Check out our new post
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear,

    love your style! You look great :)
    I don’t know if you noticed, but I have a completely new website, check it out here: www.beneaththecoat.com
    and let me know what you think!
    Also, I am moving from Blogger so you can’t follow me through GFC anymore, but if you go to my new page you will see that you can follow the blog through:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram

    Looking forward seeing you on my blog again!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the print of your bag & color of your top is pretty.Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+
    & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi @wearismela since when my aunt showed me this beautiful blog and started getting fangirling you i got to admit na obsessed na din ako with your blog and i wanted to tried like your blogger pose soon maybe when I turned 18..

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...