4.02.2011

First on April First.

Pardon the redundancy, but I've been planning to have my own blog since FOREVER. I tried blogging (through Friendster) before, but I dropped it after Friendster got dopped by Facebook. Chictopia primarily inspired me to set this out. I was quite worried at first that this would make me look like I promote narcissism  per se, but when I saw alot of Chictopians using Blogspot, I thought hey, there's not a hint of self-absorption with fashion blogging-- just everyday stories of ordinary people (well, mostly girls) declaring their love for fashion.

My schedule's pretty tight these days, hence, the ordeal of having this blog started on the first of a month was crammed. Excuse the amateur vibe -- I did the header, the photoshoot, the layout, basically everything, just now. Sadly, I don't know stuff with Photoshop and Flash, ergo the copy-pasted text on the header. I'll make this look like a real blog the soonest as I can, I promise. :))) Anyway, here are the photos I had for my blog preps earlier this afternoon.


turban: Genevieve Gozum, necklace: Margarita, blouse: borrowed from Mom, belt: DIY, pants: gift from Meg, shoes: Moda Espana


 



"The man sees the appearance but the Lord looks into the heart."
 Clearly, there is so much more to life than the clothes we wear or the brands we carry. For this reason, I will make certain that every post will show inspiration and will celebrate life more than fashion, makeup, and all the other things that the world sees attractive but are truly, plainly superficial.

This blog I dedicate to all the fashionistas by heart.
 For the brand conscious and the random brand artsies.
 For designer wardrobe collectors and thrifty ukay shoppers.
For vintage, modern, and hand-me-downs.
 For my family, who never cease giving their support and tolerating my feat of entering this new blogging arena. I know I'm not really the popular kid and I'm not sure if this would have a good turnout, but THANK YOU Mama, Papa, Ralph and Jeph for following my blog since Day One. Aaaw. *insertsappysonghere*





I'm still touring around and figuring out how Blogspot works. And it's still a running dilemma if I should throw my header/blogtitle photo on the junk box or have it for keeps.  *sigh* I badly need artistic help, eh? (PUN INTENDED to my I.T. friends and talented batchmates) :P

So here it goes, my first post for my first fashion blog on the FIRST DAY of APRIL. HAHA. It's actually thirty minutes past midnight, but I started at around ten, so I still count this as April 1st! Heee, just let me be. :)))



Expect to see more of me on the coming days. Have a great weekend everyone!

<3, Mela

4 comments:

  1. omg this blog is soo soo cool :D

    www.boffism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved browsing through your posts :)

    www.thefreespirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...