6.05.2012

BU3: The Meet and Greet

Last Saturday (June 2), I attended the Bloggers United 3 at Grandview Events Place, Makati.
It's that once in a blue moon affair where almost all top bloggers in the metro gather to meet and greet their readers. Ever since I started blogging, I've yearned to be part of events such as this. This blog might not have existed if not for these fierce Chictopians who inspired me to step out and be seen. :D 
I was in Manila too during the Philippine Fashion Week but I had MORE important things to take care of like SADE, yayyy! There's always next time, anyway. :) 

Here are the photos during the event! I was a total fangirl for a day! If you'll scan through the photos below, most of them carry this formula: blogger + me. HAHA. I could have taken solo shots instead, but I wasn't able to think of those externals due to overflowing excitement. Thank you, brother, for being my cameraman! :D

The registration table. Thank you Alexa and Anagon for including us on the guestlist! We didn't have to fall in line :D
My OMG-this-is-really-it face. HAHA
Two halls were occupied - one for sponsor booths and another for blogger booths.
Nightcrawlers for sale!
Spot Kryz Uy!
With Ana Gonzales. Again, thank you for the free guestlist pass!
My style sister, Rio Navarro. We have the same love for boho.
Rej Rodriguez - I didn't expect her to be this tall!
Kookie Buhain. She thought this isn't our first meeting because she often comments on my looks in Chictopia. Such a down-to-earth fashion icon!
With the very edgy Paul Jatayna.
Konichiwear! Dominique Tiu
Inckarcerating Karl Leuterio. I thought he's an Ilonggo because we're Facebook friends, but he isn't. :/ My badddd
Cheyser P. Very very pretty indeed in pictures and in person!
Vern! I owe this girl a lot! She and her highschool friend, Mandi, were my first inspirations. Their blogs are my everyday reads. :) I also met her mom, her sister Verniece, and Dondi who is very pogi in person too!
The very creative Bjorn Bedayo. I learned to love this guy because of the Enciso sisters. :)
Lissa Kahayon. I've been a fan even before she started blogging! I love her beauty, very Filipina! I can still remember myself shrieking when she was interviewed for a feature of Liz Uy on TV. I was like, OMG OMG, that's the morena girl in Chictopia, she's Liz's intern!!! 
Okay, I look crappy here but who cares, HAHA. David Guison - my ex-crush. Weird how I didn't feel any kilig anymore. :|
Raleene Cabrera.
Reese Lasangan. Musician, artist, designer, blogger rolled into one gem!
The SOFA Chic - Alyssa Lapid
Only the marvelous, Joanna Ladrido. She also owns Glitterati and she won best booth!
Need I say more? He was there because his mate, Divine Lee, also had a booth.
My Catwalk Lookchanger mate, Gela Abores.
One of the nicest I've met -Tracy Ayson.
With Verniece and Cheyser. I look so stiff! HAHA
Also one of my first few inspirations, paxieness! Aisa Ipac
Singapore-based blogger, Anastacia Siantar
Patricia Prieto. I look so fattttt :/
Camille Co. I've been a fan too even before she started blogging. I love the fact that we have the same name! 
My brother with his crush-at-first-sight. HAHA
Krissyfied and Artsy-Frasty Ava Te.
The Plump Pinay bloggers.
Melai Entuna of Style an Soul. 
We won, we won! Thank you Accessorize!
As any other good bazaar experience, a lot of great finds in exchange for a lot of money, HAHA. Oh well. I figured since I accomplished a lot this summer, I might as well give myself a treat. Ah, but alas... my savings wallet is now quite empty. :|

Nevertheless, the experience was priceless. I realized that I could be whatever I want to be just as long as I put my heart and act on it. With these photos, I also realized how much weight I gained with just 10 days in Manila. Woooshhh. And yey, I got mistaken by buyers as a metro blogger for more than a couple of times. Kilig! <3

Hurray for BU and bazaars! Now, it's time to save up for more blogger events and shopping expeditions!


Much <3,
Mela 


6 comments:

  1. I'm sooo happy for all of these Cam!!! CONGRATULATIONS! ^_^ I know, this is a dream come true for you, but I believe that, this is just ONE of the many more dreams to come true! I always look up to you as a writer and as a fashionista...always beautiful IN and OUT! ^_^ IMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chille! Im very thankful to have supportive friends like you. You have no idea how much you inspire people too. ;) happy birthday!

      Delete
  2. Li, you inspire a lot of people and I really enjoy your blog. WAAAhhH... I was really excited to see your photos. You met Paul J.(-,-) hehehe congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart just melted. Hihi. Thank you Thank you Joy!

      Delete
  3. i think I saw you at the event last Saturday! :) hihi, nice photos!

    xx,
    http://anneholica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw you too! Let's have a short chat the next time that we meet ha. :) More power to your bloggy!

      Delete

What do you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...